WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

I Feel Like I Suck At Selling

Taylor MarekTaylor Marek subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member

I've been in the game a while, but I feel like I'm missing something. A handful of years back I got a job so I could keep some things going on the side but with it I feel like I lost the ambition and some of the sales eagerness.

What are some resources or people that you recommend?

I know I can't just do a complete 180 cold turkey or I'll just switch back.

Thoughts? Or am I over-thinking something simple?

Comments

• Options
    IanIan subscriber Posts: 1 Member

Hi Taylor,

Don't be too hard on yourself. However, 80% of success in sales is mental and emotional. "The most important determinant of sales success in any field, in any economy, in any market, with any product or service, is self-confidence. When you have an unshakable belief in yourself and your ability to succeed, you become unstoppable, like a force of nature. The higher your level of self-confidence, the bigger the goals you will set for yourself, the faster you will bounce back from rejection and disappointment, and the more you will achieve in a shorter period of time, The Psychology of Selling"

I'm not sure what type of sales you do or what stage in your sales career you're in, however, here are two resources that might help you back on track regarding your sales ambition.

BOOK:

The Sales Bible

The Sales Bible, has been updated and appended in this new edition, offering you the ultimate sales methods and strategies that really work — every day, in real-world selling situations

Close.com

Close is the sales CRM salespeople love—no more manual data entry. Customer management with built-in calling and email synchronization. Make and receive calls while taking notes tied to each address book contact—all without leaving the application. Their blog and YouTube channel have a reservoir impactful knowledge for founders looking to crush their phone and email outreach. 

I hope this was somewhat helpful.

Ian

• Options
    Taylor MarekTaylor Marek subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
  • Options
    TravelSchoolTravelSchool subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member

Hi. I will recommend to get 3 books - Dotcom Secrets, Expert Secrets and Copywriting Secrets.

You can find all the books on the bottom of this page: www.travelschool.info/tools

If you want to start selling, you have to understand psychology and how to position yourself on the market field. Be valuable, it's the way to sell:

Example.

I am selling a new model guitar.

You are selling the same guitar .

A person comes to my ad- I pitch him.

A person comes to your ad - You give him a free lesson how to play guitar, and share with him a link you your pretty guitar, and tell him that you will give him a short course for free if he buys through your link.

Who you think it's going to get the sale? Always wrap your product that you promote with value - show people how it works, review it or give some bonus.

One more tip - never EVER promote a product itself - always promote the result this product will deliver - Become healthier (you don't need detox tea, you want to become healthier) , photography course (I don't need a course, I need to become a better photographer) So always talk about the result people are going to get :)

Hope you find value. Let me know if you need help I can give you some awesome tips.

~Emilian

• Options
    KimiKimi subscriber Posts: 25 Bronze Level Member