WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Glad to be here!

Taylor MarekTaylor Marek subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member

My name is Taylor Marek. I'm 30 years old and have been running businesses for as long as I can remember.

When I was young, I remember my parents telling me that if I wanted to earn money I had to make something worth selling. Probably because they didn't want me to expect an allowance from them and they wanted to spark a desire in me to figure things out for myself. It helped in my entrepreneurial journey in so many ways.

From the early days of me running a lemonade/popcorn stand, to cutting grass and raking leaves, to shoveling snow and almost freezing my hands off I learned it all. I read every book on business from my local library that I could get my hands on.

From that it has grown to where I am today, granted I'm deliberately skipping over a whole decade of my life to make a short introduction. Right now I have a full-time job and run 2 companies on the side along with taking care of a family. The two companies I run are a social media marketing agency and a tech news website.

I'd be happy to talk further if you want to know more. Glad to meet all of you, I'll be around best I can to contribute and help grow this community!

-Taylor

Comments