WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Category Suggestion

BardStuffBardStuff subscriber Posts: 7
edited April 2006 in Office Workers
Here`s a thought -- anybody interested in a category just for us "aspiring" types who don`t have a business yet but want to exchange stories about getting ourselves going?  I feel weird just chiming into everybody else`s conversation and not really pulling my weight with original experience from the trenches.There`s a big difference between knowing how to build a web site and running a business building web sites. 

Comments

• Options
    BardStuffBardStuff subscriber Posts: 7
    Hi Kim,Not saying that I wouldn`t continue to read the other boards, just saying that there`s not really many good categories right now where I can post stuff that`s basically "Here`s a step I took toward creating a business that doesn`t exist yet."Other than "Category Stew".d
  • Options
    keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Duane,
    Seems to me the categroy you would post in about "getting going" would be Startup Business Basics.
    As a SUN Advisory Board member (and a startup myself 16 years ago), I promise I will watch from the sidelines and interject comments where I feel I can help with some advice based on experience, knowledge, and plenty of hard knocks. The "old guys/gals" on here (I include myself in that group) are not here to judge. For me, it`s payback time for help others provided along the way. I totally understand your comments.
    Take over the Startup Business Basics category. Burn up the keyboard.
    R@
  • Options
    atikaatika subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member

In my opinion these are completely different concepts and you need to approach each of them individually. Creating a website you will not be interested in its promotion - the main thing is that everything is interesting and relevant. Well, the promotion of your site is another question, where you will need to select a lot and even hosting, domain name and so on.

• Options
    BilliusBillius subscriber Posts: 5 Member

Yeah, I totally agree with you that it is really different things. It could be convenient