WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How to rank a brand new blog for SEO?

denise hiltondenise hilton subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member
I recently started a brand new blog and I want to rank my blog posts for SEO. How do I do that? Experts say that you have to have an established blog to get maximum traffic. How should a new blogger approach the SEO challenge?

Comments

• Options
    Ernest WhaleyErnest Whaley subscriber Posts: 25 Bronze Level Member
    No issue, you can link your new blog to existing (aged) blog posts. The one you are using to link your new blog should be well optimized.
  • Options
    ideasunlimited1ideasunlimited1 subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Explicitly and consistently using keywords/hashtags with cross linking will really keep your messaging and company mission united.:)
  • Options
    Junaid_01Junaid_01 subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    Well I must say focus on your content make sure you have unique and quality content on your blog. It really matters plus google do not like low quality or thin content. Go for a keyword research and find the best keywords with high volume and low competitions. Try to target long tail or medium tail keywords as they are easy to rank. Spread out on social media find your niche audience and let them know you exist. You can also analysis you compositors and the keywords they are targeting.

• Options
    Junaid_01Junaid_01 subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    Well I must say focus on your content make sure you have unique and quality content on your blog. It really matters plus google do not like low quality or thin content. Go for a keyword research and find the best keywords with high volume and low competitions. Try to target long tail or medium tail keywords as they are easy to rank. Spread out on social media find your niche audience and let them know you exist. You can also analysis you compositors and the keywords they are targeting.
    Here I gathered an experts advised 3 tips on keywords research which might be useful.
  • Options
    Aditi RaoAditi Rao subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member

To rank your blog, first you need to add keywords on Title, description, URL and content.

• Try to use low competitive keywords because it is hard to rank high competitive keywords.
    • Built quality back links.
    • Ensure that your page speed isn't slow.
    • Keep update your blog with most recent information.
    • Promote your blogs through social media
    • Use the right images and videos with Alt tags.
  • Options
    AishleyAishley subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member

You need to do the keyword research first and identify your target keywords. In the starting, use low competition keywords. Then, write a quality article and do some on-page SEO optimization. After publishing the article, do some social sharing and off-page SEO activities so that you can rank for that keyword. You can Google about on-page & off-page SEO.

• Options
    MikeGMikeG subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member

I assume you trying to rank your blog in Google since it provides the most search traffic out of the search engines.

You would optimize your blog the same way you would a website. You would need to do some extensive keyword research and include these relevant keywords in your post. The most important keyword should be in the url, title and <h1> header tag of the post and sprinkled a couple times along with any synonyms throughout the content.

Once you get your onsite SEO taken care of you will need to focus on building quality relevant backlinks. Along with building up your social media profile.

If you are trying to rank your site faster I would recommend going after some long-tail keywords. These types of words tend to provide less traffic but also have less competition. In theory these words will be easier to rank for than more highly sought after keywords.

There are many facets to SEO if you have any questions i would be willing to discuss the topic with you.

Thanks,

Mike Gandy

localdudesmarketing.com

• Options
    Ernest WhaleyErnest Whaley subscriber Posts: 25 Bronze Level Member

Use your blog URL in all the SEO techniques. Right from social book-marking to article posting, your blog url will be ranked better.

• Options
    KalenamKalenam subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member

SEO got really complicated lately because of all the updates so at this point I think that hiring a pro is the only way not to mess things up.

• Options
    Alex JamesAlex James subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member

Use your blog URL for internal linking and share your blog url for the social bookmarking site then google will optimized and then get better result.

• Options
    XiphosXiphos subscriber Posts: 2 Member

I wrote about SEO on my blog, but I'm too new here to post links. SEO takes a while to take effect, like months. It pays off, but you'll want to share your website on some high traffic sites like social networks. If you use a product or service that's related to your business, you can write about it and mention it to the manufacturer. They might link to your article. I did that with an SEO plugin on my aforementioned article and the developers gave me a nice bump in traffic.

• Options
    Jessie HookieJessie Hookie subscriber Posts: 351 Silver Level Member

Blog SEO Tips:

1. Focus on 1–2 long-tail keywords that match the intent of your target reader
    2. Include your 1–2 keywords in specific parts of your post.
    3. Make sure your blog is mobile-friendly and responsive.
    4. Optimize your meta description, and use all the space.
    5. Optimize your images with image alt text.
    6. Don't use too many similar topic tags.
    7. Use URL structures that help your visitors.
    8. Link internally when possible.
    9. Use Google's Search Console.
    10. Use topic clusters.
    11. Create evergreen content.
    12. Repurpose or update your current content and remove outdated content.

• Options
    Taylor JacksonTaylor Jackson subscriber Posts: 16 Bronze Level Member

Here are search engine optimization (SEO) tips to help get your blog:

Do your research.

Utilize keywords throughout your post.

Optimize your images.

Reference others with links.

Allow readers to subscribe to your blog.

Use social media to broaden the reach of your blog posts.

• Options
    john mayerjohn mayer subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2020

Every Blog needs to be well optimized only then it can rank well on search engine.One also needs better tools to analyse the performance of the blog so that strategy could be made created according to the stats through tools

One such enterprise is toolowl. The company is powered by intelligence of few experienced, inexperienced, trained, untrained, laymen, domain experts, and business/technology acquainted people or experts. They all work as a team to identify key performance indicators for a particular tool from Individual’s as well as Business’ point of view. This brainstorming is then translated into a distilled methodology for review framework. Teams do hands-on, research on the tool/domain and record their inferences in the form of reviews that help you make your choice!

• Options
    VandanVandan subscriber Posts: 1 Member

Hey Denise,

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Do a competition evaluation: If you are operating in a niche space with less competition, it would be easier to rank higher with little efforts but with highly competitive space, it takes months of consistent effort.
    2. Keyword identification: Use google keyword planner to identify all those keywords that are relevant to your business.
    3. Keyword strategy: You can identify the competition on every keyword by looking at the domain authority of the sites that rank on the top. Use Moz Open Site Explorer for that.

These steps can help you identify quick ranking opportunity areas. For other keywords, it would be a long-term play.