WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need A Website For A New Startup

2»

Comments

• EmmaRonneyEmmaRonney subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    There are so many of them, sometimes it's easy to get lost. I personally prefer Wix, it's super easy to handle. But if you can't make up your mind, you need to consider other options. Here, for example, are gathered the most popular web-builders, http://www.webbuildersguide.com/free-website-builders/ , you can check out all the pros and cons. Hope it helps!
  • salmonjames21salmonjames21 subscriber Posts: 22 Bronze Level Member
    I wanted to start my own online business. I gave my self free try using Tibolli(.)NET. My website comes under the name of optifeets(.)com
    I would like you all to give it a try and see if things work fine or not. It was hard for me to choose between the platforms as there are so many platforms and I am not sure. However, I invested time, got my store on each of these and now I am happy that I got something that is for free.
  • tonytautonytau subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Wordpress for website, Shopify for eccomerce, if you need something sexy and beautiful have me build it.   If you have any questions send me an email contact@tonytau.com 
  • Ms MonthanaMs Monthana subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    Work for a company that specializes in providing data migration solutions- Litextension, so I have comments on this issue. In my experience, woommcerce is the right choice for beginner
  • MSCuasayMSCuasay subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Mobirise is a WYSIWYG site builder for Windows and Mac. It's Bootstrap based so you use pre-made blocks to build pages. There are pages for big hero headers, video, contact forms, CTA and others. The basic package is free and enough to build a site with. You build locally so you can experiment to your heart's content.

I'm using it for my home page Wordpress for my blog. I will be switching everything to Wordpress. But I plan on using Mobirise for quick projects or client prototypes.
  • salenadamsalenadam subscriber Posts: 99 Silver Level Member
    Need a website for a new startup are:
    1.Chossing a platform.
    2.Chossing a domain name and a hosting.
    3.Finding your design.
    4.Getting your website done.

• PulsarrPulsarr subscriber Posts: 89 Silver Level Member
    edited March 2018
    If you’re looking for a web development company with ultra-talented and fully-dedicated team, you may try the services of https://steelkiwi.com/. They can handcraft your PSD to HTML, PSD to Responsive, CMS, Email, etc. 
  • Altteam_webdevAltteam_webdev subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    The best variant to choose a website builder is to make a list of ideas for your future website. 

So, you should think about the required features you want to have in your store. Then compare this list with the off-the-shelf shopping cart features and decide whether it is the best variant for your business or not.

Also, be aware that self-hosted platforms give you more freedom in online business. It's possible to select the appropriate hosting and server this case. But, of course, it can be a challenge if you are not good in web development issues and have lots of other things to do.
  • ChiedoChiedo subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    I'll also +1 the heck out of squarespace.

It's so easy to get started without a coder. It's my top recommendation for any new business owner who's pre-revenue.

When you're making some money, then it's worth looking into WordPress to get more functionality and a unique presentation.
    HAVE A KILLER APP IDEA? We help entrepreneurs build their app ideas and websites. LEARN MORE.
  • AnkitKapAnkitKap subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Well, if it is about DIY website, then nothing can be better than wordpress, Wordpress is one the most popular and user friendly web development platform these days. 
    There are many benefits of using Wordpress for your business website: 
    • With the addition of numerous plugins, widgets, and themes, this CMS platform is now increasingly used for a variety of other purposes, including social media
    • One of the main benefits of WordPress is that you do not need a lot of technical experience to get started.
    • The intuitive design of WordPress allows you to get set up rather quickly.
    • Thanks to the ease of use offered by WordPress, it is preferred by novices and experts.
    • If there is a disadvantage to this CMS platform, it’s in its security. With so many worldwide users adding open source plugins (how WP works), this CMS is an easy target for hackers and cyber attacks.
    • We recommend WordPress for smaller websites that do not use a lot of plugins, and for those where the plugin they choose are a good fit for their business. 
    There are many powerful Wordpress plugins you can use to customize your themes: 
    1- WP Super Cache 
    2- All in One SEO Pack 
    3- Google XML Sitemaps 
    4- Simple Fields 
    5- Multiple Content Blocks 
    6- WP e-Commerce 
    7- Smart YouTube Plugin 
    8- Light Box2 

Also, if you're thinking to get a well designed and cost effective website, you can hire any of the below CMS development companies in India: 
    1. BigDrop  
    2. PixelCrayons 
    3. Dotlogics 
    4. Mobomo
  • TGreyTGrey subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    I suggest using wix.com or weebly.com. It depends how good your website building skills are (if any), but you can start from those and see if it suits you. Good luck.
  • IBODIBOD subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Don’t cheat yourself with a bundled “muzak” type of website design, they’re some great attentive wordpress designers who can make your site unique and memorable.  Also, don’t cheap the web hosting, you get what you pay for and a sluggish loading website is a deal killer.

Good luck with the project.
  • balashoffbalashoff subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    If you like to get custom design anf functional our team can do it easy for you 
  • MojesterMojester subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member

Envato market offers a lot of awesome templates for quite cheap

• Kylie JennerKylie Jenner subscriber Posts: 34 Bronze Level Member

I suggest using wordpress.com or weebly.com as compare to Strikingly. It depends on how much good your web building skills.