WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What's the best way to grow your email list?

michelis_mmichelis_m subscriber Posts: 6
edited September 2016 in Marketing
Hi,

Me and my co-founder are working on a new product. We plan to release the beta version next month.
I want to grow my email subscriber list by then. So far we have a few subscribers mostly from live events.

We are blogging regularly, but this hasn't brought us any new subscribers. I don't want to spend time creating an ebook, which was the most common advice I've gotten so far. Does it worth spending money on advertising? If yes, which channels should I emphasise on?
Considering we are mostly self-funded I was looking for cost effective ways mostly.

I would love to hear your thoughts...

Comments

• Options
    WebMedicWebMedic subscriber Posts: 20 Bronze Level Member
    Hi,

Why don't you want to create an ebook in return for signups?

Providing value in return for an email is the best way to grow an email list.

Keep in mind the ebook needs to actually be a problem solver to the target market for it to be effective.

Couple that with an on-exit pop up and you have a killer way to increase your newsletter sign ups.

All the best!
    WordPress bugs? slow website? worried about security? Let us fix it for you at WebMedic.

We take care of your website, so you can focus on growing your business - Get free consultation on WebMedic.
  • Options
    PhillipsPhillips subscriber Posts: 68 Bronze Level Member
    Hi there,
    Growing email list of subscribers is one of the most crucial task in email marketing. It involves lots of tips and tricks to build a quality list of subscribers. Below I am listing down such tricks related to building of email list of subscribers.

Create a very unique and interesting email content that will compel your subscribers to open it and click through it. It should not end here. Your email content should be amazing enough to make subscribers feel that it is worth sharing with their friends, family and colleagues as well.

Go ahead and promote an online contest like free giveaways which will in turn have the entrants sign up using their email address.

Adding a link to your employees’ signature that will lead people to a landing page where they will be able to sign for your mailing list.

Work on running a promotion on partner website or email newsletter that will target new but appropriate audience so that email addresses can be collected from a fresh source.

Host a co-marketing offer with a partner-like ebooks and webinars and tell them to promote the registration to their audience. Once it gets released, swap the leads.

Host an online webinar and this will help you to collect email address at the registration.

Host your own offline, in person events like conferences, meetups, educational panel, etc. whereby you’ll be inviting people and collect registrations online using email address.

Apart from the above mentioned tricks, there are number of internet plugin tools that works fabulous in creating an attractive website, subscription form, chat widgets, and so on. We or our marketing team has opted for GetSiteControl and Layered Popup to capture lead and thereafter send emails through EasySendy Pro to our list of subscribers.
  • Options
    clapcreativeclapcreative subscriber Posts: 36 Bronze Level Member
    As a marketer, it's your job to make sure you're constantly adding fresh contacts to your email marketing campaigns so you can keep your numbers moving up and to the right. (But not by purchasing email lists -- learn why you should never buy an email list in this post.)
    Download our free guide to email marketing here for more email list-building and optimization tips.

If you're not working on building your email list already, or you've run out of ideas to do so, here are 25 simple ways to grow that email list.... Read More http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307 ... -List.aspx
  • Options
    PatriciaTaylorPatriciaTaylor subscriber Posts: 28 Bronze Level Member
    eBooks work great for B2B companies or a business that work in a very technical space, as people love to read and gain expertise about their industry. Newsletter, Blog are other great ways to gain business leads that help you grow your email list.
    Boost your Instagram presence - Use Instagram panel for resellers
    split your auto likes, comments naturally.
    Register for free and get 5$ to test the services.
  • Options
    arjun123arjun123 subscriber Posts: 114 Silver Level Member
    1. One-up the competition with your lead magnet by making it bigger and better. ...
    2. Add content upgrades to your blog posts. ... Make some of your content gated. ...
    3. Host webinars. ...
    4. Host a giveaway. ...
    5. Create a quiz and require that participants enter their email address before they can download their results.
  • Options
    jesus481jesus481 subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Create anything with value, such as an eBook, blueprint, or list in any niche of your choice. 
    Stay active on forums, Facebook groups, and even YouTube comment sections. These are the places where you should offer your free content. 
    They will be curious and download it by exchanging their email address for it.
    Make sure you have a few emails pre-written in advance as follow ups. Don't sell anything right away as this will make them lose trust in you. Send to them at least 3 emails before you offer anything and BOOM!
    Rinse and repeat