WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Market Research

LeesLees subscriber Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2008 in Developing Your Invention
I already posted this on "protecting your invention" but it`s probably better suited for this forum:

I`ve got an invention that I`m trying to do some market research on so I know what the consumer NEEDS rather than what I think they need. My invention is related to the surfing, snowsports industries (bascially boardsports in general). Does anyone have any ideas of how to get some feedback from the industry? Is there a way to use "iContact" to find appropriate people to survey? I`ve tried to email surf shops around the country, but I`ve been very unsuccesful doing that...almost no feedback. Thanks.

Andrew

Comments

• BrunellaDBrunellaD subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    You can do it with us. Marketest can help you to find out what your potential customers think of your start-up idea and if they would be willing to buy it. Likewise if you wanted to find out how to best market the product to your target audience, or find out how much people are willing to pay for your product or service, the quantitative market research is the method you should use.

If you have further questions, feel free to get in touch.

Hope to be helpful :)
  • BBBB subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    why not just go to your projected consumer with the product and let them use it
  • saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    Market Research is the process that helps marketers and entrepreneurs centre around their business and their customers. Market Research can increase the probability of making correct marketing decisions and therefore reduce risk.
  • LouBerryLouBerry subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    Surveys are a great way to collect market research. But I agree, it's often difficult to get responses.

Some ways to that have worked well in the past for me have been...
    • Posting in Facebook groups and/or forums
    • Offering incentives
    • Keeping the survey simple and short (i.e., multiple-choice questions, 10 or less questions, etc.)