WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

LLC S Corp maintenance/taxes

mskaganmskagan subscriber Posts: 1
Good evening,

Would anyone have any information on maintenance of an LLC with S Corp election. For example, say I have a business registered as an LLC with an S Corp election in the state of Virginia. What would I need to do yearly, in order to maintain the LLC and take care of taxes, what do I need to file annually?
This would also be taking into account the fact that I have operated at a loss all year and have not made any income, just expenses.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    The advantage to an LLC is that you are subject to fewer tax obligations (although total amount paid may be the same) and the form is a little more flexible. An LLC would be more advantageous if your business has fewer employees because an S-Corporation will be subject to more payroll taxes. But, as you add more employees, you may want these taxes automatically taken out through payroll.