WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What is Best CMS to use to start my online business?

Blazho GjorgievBlazho Gjorgiev subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member
I'm in a way to open digital marketing agency.Is there any good CMS which can serve to my purposes.

Answers

• Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    Hi Blazho,

Wordpress is easy to use and update. However, I am using Drupal now. They are a lot of modules and plugins to add on. You may consider Joomla as well. 

I would suggest you to list down all your requirements before choosing one of them. What functions do you need, for example: A shopping cart? Do you need to accept payment online? Forum? Article posting?

Then, try to find out if you can find any free modules or plugins to support your needs (of course you can choose to hire freelancer to develop custom module for you).

Hope that helps.
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• ananyadesignsananyadesigns subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    This blog may come to your use, about CMS comparison. WordPress vs Drupal – What’s Best For Medium Size Businesses? designs.codes/wordpress-vs-drupal/
  • saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    edited February 2019
    WordPress is generally considered the best CMS for beginners to optimize their website
  • ananyadesignsananyadesigns subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member

Every CMS has its own features that would be beneficial for different Businesses based on their requirements.

I am putting here a comparison of WordPress with the two other most popular CMSs, i.e., Joomla & Drupal.

WordPress vs Joomla

Although Joomla has a number of components, modules, and plugins to offer, it gets overshadowed by WordPress for the following reasons:

Problems can be fixed faster and more consistently in WordPress than in Joomla. This way, WordPress does not just save our time, but also lowers the cost and improves the performance.

Since Google is more compatible with blogs and Google content, users take up WordPress to host their blogs on. This is because blogging becomes really difficult in Joomla if you do not have a good content creation kit or custom field system.

A website can be created very fast on WordPress, compared to the speed offered by Joomla. Moreover, unlike in Joomla, you do not have to deal with conflicting plugins in WordPress.

WordPress evolves a lot. But unlike Joomla, WordPress does not charge its users for every 0.5 version update.

WordPress vs Drupal

WordPress has a certain edge over Drupal. Let us see how:

Drupal is much more complex than WordPress. While WordPress can be explored and enjoyed by anybody, it needs a severely experienced developer to operate on Drupal.

On WordPress, updating the software core, themes and plugins are much simpler, compared to Drupal. While it requires only a few clicks to update the software on WordPress, updating Drupal is again a task for technicians.

WordPress widgets are capable of entirely adapting to the cascading style sheets of your active theme, something that Drupal is not able to do.

Customizing your website with different free and premium themes is easier done on WordPress than on Drupal. Moreover, WordPress emanates a learning experience, while exploring Drupal is often risky and alarming.

• Blazho GjorgievBlazho Gjorgiev subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member
    All I see is that you guys are offering me so called free open source CMS as WordPress or Drupal.But for business needs they don't fit to the small business needs.I talk more about commercial CMS as Wix,Exai,SquareSpace which started to overtake market share of CMS in last 2 months.
  • ShakinShakin subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Here are 4 easy steps to start your online retail business from scratch even when you don't have money.
    1. Step 1: Build a Business Plan and Model. ...
    2. Step 2: Choose Your Products to Sell Online. ...
    3. Step 3: Build an eCommerce Website in 5 Minutes. ...
    4. Step 4: Upload Your Products and Start Selling.

• warnerjohnwarnerjohn subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Some of the best CMS management platforms for starting your online business
    1. WordPress
    2. Joomla
    3. Weebly
    4. Drupal
  • Shahadat HussainShahadat Hussain subscriber Posts: 21 Bronze Level Member

WordPress is the best CMS for any kind of website. If you start your online business and you don't have enough knowledge on website building then I am prefer you to use WordPress. It is easy to customize and huge resource available online.

Even you can also built your own website with WordPress and minimize your web developer cost by using ready WordPress template. I can recommended you to use our Saasland - MultiPurpose WordPress Theme for your online business. You can build any kind of website with Saasland theme. There are already prebuilt 30+ demos. Just download and then install the theme. And one click to import the

• Jessie HookieJessie Hookie subscriber Posts: 351 Silver Level Member

1. WordPress

2. Magento

3. Drupal

4. Joomla

5. SilverStripe

• RichardParkerRichardParker subscriber Posts: 59 Bronze Level Member

Best E-commerce CMS Platform for Your Online Business.

Hosted eCommerce.

Self-Hosted.

Shopify.

BigCommerce.

Volusion

Wix.

3dCart.

Magento.