WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Accounting solutions for small business and start-ups

I posted this in another forum but figured I should just have a discussion on it's own since it wasn't completely related to the original topic:

Hello all, I'm new to the community and am in the process of exploring the possibility creating my own startup aimed at eliminating this exact pain point for small businesses and startups. I'm currently performing market research in order to find the best way to aim my efforts and would really appreciate the insight of any entrepreneur of a current small business/ start up. If you're interested in taking a short survey or discussing solutions you've found to help alleviate your accounting/ finance issues, please contact me at adam@bootstrapfinancial.com

I am not trying to sell my services, I am just in the process of working out the kinks in my business plan and looking for input from the entrepreneurs that I would be looking to help in the future! The plan for Bootstrap Financial is to offer services ranging from basic bookkeeping and payroll to financial statement preparation, budgeting and analysis, and even virtual CFO services.

Any advice or inquiries are welcomed, thank you!

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited November 2017
    Welcome to the community, @BootstrapFinancial.

Good luck with your research. If you would like to copy and paste the plain text URL (you can't post links until you've reached 10 posts), I can post it here for you. But we are indeed quite strict on self-promotion and spam, so I appreciate your explanation, but I do ask that you refrain from posting the same thing in multiple forums here. 

Thank you! 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • BootstrapFinancialBootstrapFinancial subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you @"Ryan O'Bleness" , I do apologize for posting in the two separate forums and completely understand your stance on self-promotion and spam.

Below are the plain text URL's for the survey I've created and the company's website (which is essentially just a link to the survey as well). I wasn't sure which one you wanted me to provide.

survey.sogosurvey.com/r/CuCvHK
    www.bootstrapfinancial.com/

Thanks again and I look forward to being an active member of the community!
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited November 2017
    Here is the clickable link: 
    https://survey.sogosurvey.com/survey.aspx?k=SsQPUQTUsRsPsPsP&lang=0&data=

Community members who can help, please fill this survey out. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • EntreflowEntreflow subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member

Small businesses can use different solutions. The best in the industry are Xero and Quickbooks Online. You also have FreshBooks and Wave, which is free. 

The right solution for your business will depend on your business need. I encourage you to check their website or contact an accounting consultant that will help you define the best software for you and will also be able to implement it.

Helina - Entreflow Consulting Group