WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Lead's way tracking

sid.hsesid.hse subscriber Posts: 2
Hi guys,

I've recently started a platform for buying new cars in Russia, sort of peer of UK-based carwow. Finalising the first stage of development for now.
The idea behind the business model is collecting warm traffic from across the web and convert them into leads to official car dealers. The platform has two main functions:

1) full catalogue of cars in sale that allows people overview, compare, find the car that matches up to their criteria
2) people can apply for receiving up to five offers from official dealers that relieves them of calling several dealerships and haggling over the price / offer components

In modern business models dealers pay for sales, rather than for leads. This is why I'm curious how to track the way of the buyers which picked a dealer from my platform while I don't have a proper software integration? I guess that it's not good idea to rely on a dealer's integrity, as it can make a deal without saying me about that. I'm also skeptical about giving the buyer regular pushy calls in order to check the status.

I thought that some kind of incentive for a dealer can work, but didn't figured out an exact scheme for now.

Will appreciate any suggestions

Comments