WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Where can I acquire "tried & true" startup success materials for workshop programs

I'm new here, so bare with me! I'm looking for successful entrepreneurs who have resources to share by going through the madness of starting a new business as a solopreneur. I've created a new project that bridges the gap between business, people and causes by building a purpose-driven collaborative community. My target I'm first focusing on, are the small independent business owners, creative artists/micro entrepreneurs that are struggling doing it all alone, at a loss for where to begin, and direction on how to move forward. I'm looking for workshop programs, webinars, e.g. how to create a marketing strategy for each unique business, learning to create a social media calendar, goal setting charts/accountability, mastermind strategy workshops...the list goes on! I'm looking for tools that are known to be successful that can be shared through community workshops, webinars, etc. I don't want to reinvent the wheel, I believe in working smarter together, not harder and I know that there has to be great tools/resources that someone might share with me. Also, workshop facilitators and keynote speakers on any topics that support the stages of growing a business (located in SoCal) would be great! I'm open for suggestions and ideas! Thanks!  

Best Answer

Answers

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Hi, @Jeri! Welcome to the community. 

Sounds like quite the initiative, and I want to wish you good luck. Have you considered checking out sites like https://www.score.org/, http://founderdating.com/ or other similar sites? These networks are chock-full of successful like-minded entrepreneurs, founders, CEOs, business experts, etc. It's highly likely that some of the members there are, or at one point were, solopreneuers and have plenty of success stories, tips, advice, etc. Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but just a suggestion. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • JeriJeri subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for your response. I've been to a few workshops of theirs and met one on one with three different mentors. I felt like the workshops were very dated, and not very informative. The same went for my first two meetings with the mentors, and my third and last time I was going to give Score another shot, I met a great marketing mentor! Unfortunately, you only have a very short time with them, and trying to get an appointment is difficult. I asked him if he did this as a business and he does, I was thrilled because I would have hired him to help me move forward. But, they are NEVER allowed to ever work with someone who found them through SCORE, so that didn't go anywhere!  
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Sorry, @Jeri -- I have removed that spammer from the community. 

I have not had any personal experiences with those organizations, but thought they could be good options for what you were looking for. Thanks for providing insights into your experiences. 

Perhaps somebody else in the community can better assist you. Best of luck.  :)  
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • JeriJeri subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for taking time to help and being on top of the game! I just saw that your from Mich. I moved to CA from IL four years ago! I downloaded your guide from another thread. I haven't had a chance to look at it. The journey of being an entrepreneur has it's moments. It's been a struggle for many, like myself who are trying to get their business off the ground! If someone had recommendations to share about a marketing company that is authentic and trustworthy, works with startups, in all the areas they need to get up and running it would be worth a million!! My goal is to help make the connections! Yes, I'll keep praying! 
    Thanks again!!! 
  • John GolitzJohn Golitz subscriber Posts: 8 Member

Hi Jeri,

I am new to this forum thing, and this is actually my first comment, so bare with me! You say you are looking for a "a marketing company that is authentic and trustworthy, works with startups, in all the areas they need to get up and running" , I think I can help you. I am just starting such a company and I am calling it: ThinkUpyourBusiness.com. The website is still a work in progress, but I am offering coaching, consulting and online courses for people that are looking for help starting their own business. I have helped hundreds of holistic healing practitioners through my DruglessPractitionerAcademy.com, but now am expanding it to all entrepreneurs like you. My passion is helping you succeed and I hope I can help you. I know this was a total sales pitch, but you are like my ideal client and I thought I would reach out. I hope that is ok on this forum!

• JohnBriggsJohnBriggs subscriber Posts: 3 Member

I’m working on getting my business acquired as well and I’ve gotten some pretty interesting information of Acquired Social. It’s a Q&A site like Quora, but it’s niche is helping connect investors and startups looking for an exit.

• PayingSimplyPayingSimply subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member

If you want some excellent resources with no one trying to sell you anything or part you from your money then please check out CMU's entrepreneurship archives. I can't post links yet but if you google "cmu swartz center archives" it's the 1st website.