WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Seed funding for bad credit Business Owner with great business plan

Joe11231Joe11231 subscriber Posts: 1 Member
Hi, I'm a business owner with a great business plan on hand. Due to personal reasons I had destroyed my credit some years ago. This business is finally something that will make it big! Proven concept yet unique model. 
Where can I find seed funding for someone in my situation?

Answers

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited November 2017
    @Joe11231, if you truly have a great business plan, strong passion and a proven concept, you may want to seek out angel investors. Traditionally, angels are more about the entrepreneur and passion and truly want to help startups. They may not be as concerned with poor credit like a bank or venture capitalist would be and would likely be your best option. But it won't be handed to you. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    McCandlessMcCandless subscriber Posts: 52 Bronze Level Member
    I would join a small banking institution with no more than a couple of branches. Then I would attempt to transfer all existing loans. At this point, get to know the the staff and especially the President of the bank. Should take a few months. Once established, land a sizable contract with a client. If capital is needed, they will give you a loan based on loyalty. Of course, you'll lose a few points but this can definitely get you off of your feet. Just know the second you borrow money from a bank you lose. Personally I would fix my credit and bootstrap.
  • Options
    vcfindrvcfindr subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    you should try to get funding from angel investors, crowdfunding or online platforms.
  • Options
    saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    Seed funding is the money needed to take a company which has achieved its ‘proof of concept’ or its product ready for launch. Seed funding is typically used to launch the product in multiple cities or to launch new product features. 
  • Options
    Innovative3Innovative3 subscriber Posts: 5 Member

Hi Joe,

I can help if you're still looking for business funding.

Thanks,

Walter Coleman

(209)881-4410

www.www.nknowvative-consulting.com