WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

logistics business

MichealMicheal subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
Hi guys, 
Thinking about starting a logistic business. Dealing exclusively in delivering services for eCommerce business.  I need you response thanks. 

Comments

• Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    Hi Micheal,

Can you provide more information? How exactly will you run a 3PL company?

Some common questions to ask yourself are:
    1) What is your specialty? in a special region, or transport mode?
    2) Technology - tracking each carrier, and identifying problems in the delivering process (no one wants surprise)
    3) What prices are you charging?
    4) Who are your competitors?
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    Logistics companies invest in automation to increase efficiency, speed, and optimization & timing of the services, thus increasing revenue and customer satisfaction. From a range of rapid high-tech evolutions and in a progressively digital environment where automation is affecting the entire industry, most of the board members of transport & logistics companies appreciate IoT solutions as key areas of investment.
  • Justin evansJustin evans subscriber Posts: 69 Bronze Level Member
    A lot of developing countries are also moving forward at a rapid pace with the help of advancements in the tech sector., especially in the eCommerce space, which is targeting the well-established sector of logistics and transportation startups. The increase in retail businesses and the continuous demands of the customers have led to the rapid progress of the logistics sector.
    delivagent.com/9-logistics-and-transportation-startups-to-get-inspiration-for-business-growth/

I'm qualified Software Engineer and Marketer Performing my responsibilities with due professional care and competence. Recently I am working on projects for On Demand industry like ODTap and Cabstartup
  • PulsarrPulsarr subscriber Posts: 89 Silver Level Member

"Logistics companies invest in automation to increase efficiency, speed, and optimization & timing of the services, thus increasing revenue and customer satisfaction."

I agree with you. I can't imagine modern business without special software for it. I work in big delivery firm and our logistics department use professional software to work with trucks. With it help you can send documents, plan trips with traffic conditions and rest breaks, use special chat and other. Here you can check more details - https://ezlogz.com/

• swilswil subscriber Posts: 4 Member

Logistics is a term mainly used to send supplies. Now logistics is a part of supply chain management, where logistics means moving content, product information, and service providers from the point of origin to the point of consumption. Logistic management is necessary because, without it, the business will experience excessive returns, falling sales, and declining reputation. Thus, using the right logistics system in your business will improve the workflow and inspection of an item as it moves from initial production and purchase to the application and consumption of its end-use. It helps businesses to serve their customers better. 

In this digital age, the logistics business plays an important role. It gives true business logistics that makes organizations more profitable. It provides visibility and transparency on events ranging from building construction to consumption. Some features of the logistics business are as follows:

1. Effectively coordinated logistics lead to positive business outcomes
    2. Helps businesses creating value
    3. Increase supply chain transparency
    4. Helps in reducing costs and improves efficiency  
    5. Helps to deliver your product at the right place and at the right time
    6. Keeps your customers satisfied
    7. Improves efficiency and reduce costs
    8. Provides warehouse management and inventory management
    9. Provides efficient demand forecast
  • learnersguidelearnersguide subscriber Posts: 25 Bronze Level Member

Hi, All the best for your business and the only advice I would like to give you is that, you can check how other logistics companies are working for ecommerce. So that you know what you have to do and your preparation can be strong enough. You can check the company called Robinsons Logistics Company in Mumbai, India.