WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Do I need an assitant?

ablowe2002ablowe2002 subscriber Posts: 1 Member
What kind of tasks would you delegate to an assistant, virtual or personal that would make your time more effective?

What tasks do you find yourself doing for your business that you dislike or find tedious?

Comments

• ItsSherryTeeItsSherryTee subscriber Posts: 20 Bronze Level Member
    edited November 2017
    Some people assign an hourly rate to themselves that incorporates their competitive marketable skill-level, experience, education etc. in their area of expertise.

If you find yourself doing those tasks that don't pertain to your hourly rate (expertise) at the expense of getting projects done on time and within budget and reduces your ability to procuring new clients in a timely fashion, and you can justify and afford the expense, give it a try.

'It' might be a virtual assistant or it could be a telecommuter in your area who could come into the 'office' as needed or find some other efficient solution. Run the numbers (time & expense) then make a decision. 

Incorporate computerization / automation of tasks etc. via Internet first, where possible. The benefits can accumulate to become substantial. The Internet provides global versatility whereby you'll have data access no matter where you are globally. Running back and forth to the office to retrieve information costs money and reduces efficiency in addition to reducing profitability. 
  • ShikiShiki subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
    Do you need an assistant or don't- this thing know only you/ Cause if you don't have enough time to do all your job- then you need it/ If you are ok with it- then you don't.
  • Diana.kasimDiana.kasim subscriber Posts: 23 Bronze Level Member
    First of all it depends on the skills of the assistant, if i see he/she can handle with the task, I ll give it to her/him. It also depends on you how you good in explaining what you want and when 
  • AsfandiyarAsfandiyar subscriber Posts: 25 Bronze Level Member
    If you do not have time and feel that you need an assistant, it's time to take it. A person should be committed to your ideas and ambitious. These are the most important qualities. Also, I think he should have experience.
  • Happy WormHappy Worm subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    What kind of tasks would you delegate to an assistant, virtual or personal that would make your time more effective?

What tasks do you find yourself doing for your business that you dislike or find tedious?
    virtual assistant better as for me 
  • Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    You can delegate the works to your virtual assistant if the works carry the following characteristics:
    1) routine (repetitive)
    2) simple (easy to understand)
    3) Time consuming
    4) non-core activities
    5) Non highly sensitive data

Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• Why-EyesWhy-Eyes subscriber Posts: 51 Bronze Level Member
    for a personal assistant? I would hire them to clean the house so I would have more time to focus on my business! *no joke*
  • ideasunlimited1ideasunlimited1 subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    A personal asst could do your house, life based chores like @Why-Eyes says, since life can be really distracting and get in the way from taking your business to the next level/focusing on actually necessary tasks. A virtual asst would be beneficial if your business is consistently growing and you spend a considerable amount of time booking clients, getting their information or setting up appointments. Let me know if you want help, since we recruit them. I can help at least figure out what you should look for.
  • lillalilla subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member

you will not answer this question right away
  • lillalilla subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    much depends on the specification of your field of activity
  • BruceJonesBruceJones subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member

You hire an assistant when you run out of time but not work.