WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Is it OK to look for pre-seed funding without having the company incorporated?

stenokestenoke subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I currently work on ideas for three different companies; now I need investors to invest in my companies, or at least invest in one of them, to start developing them. My problem is that I don't want to waste money on incorporate all three companies and end up without funding for any company. So, my plan is to talk to angel investors and Venture capital companies, and when the want to invest then I would incorporate my company. Would this work out or do angel investors and Venture capital companies only talk to people who have their company incorporated?

Answers

• Options
    Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    Hi Stenoke,

You will have more chances if you already have incorporated your business, because investors will see your company are more established. They will have more confident and willing to invest. Therefore, you will earn a point here.

However, the most important thing will still be your business or strategy plan (including your Profit or Loss). Therefore, it is all about protecting and selling your ideas. If the investors find your ideas profitable and feasible, they will be more than willing to invest. Everyone wants to make profit eventually. 
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/