WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Can you define what a good brand name is?

heavenlyingheavenlying subscriber Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2018 in Selecting a Business
Hi fellow entrepreneurs!

I'm having difficulty choosing a good brand name and I hope you can help me with this. Do you have some proven tips that I can apply? Or maybe some ideas on what brand name is good for my product?

A little bit about me and my product:

- I'm based in Indonesia
- My product is Cats & Dogs supplements made out of natural/herbal products
- Currently, the market is dominated by international brands so I need a good brand name that stands out 

Thanks before!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    Hi Heavenlying,

Brand name is the end result of all your actions. It is an overall experience of your customers to your business. Of course, having a good and easy-to-remember brand name will help, but it really depends on how much effort you put in to build a positive customer experience.

You need to have great products (quality), customer service, website, delivery service....etc, before customers can form a good impression with your brand name. Sometimes, despite the product is of high quality, but we avoid buying it. Why? Because we know the customer service or support team is so bad! In summary, you need to ensure customers receive the best experience of every aspect of your business to shape an outstanding brand name.
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• Options
    AntonSCAntonSC subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    Short and memorable. Do have any idioms and expressions in mind? That's a good way to stand out. Try also to merge the words, I don't how it's going to work in your language, in english that works perfectly
  • Options
    smithsp74smithsp74 subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    There are a number of factors to consider. It’s important to decide what your name should mean and represent. The best way is to make a market research and decide how your brand name can stand out from the competition. Generate a list of potential names then evaluate it with your target group to find the best match. Good luck!
  • Options
    AlexKAlexK subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member
    Sit down and brainstorm, just write a stream of consciousness. Most name ideas will suck, but eventually you'll hit gold.
  • Options
    Mary_KeyMary_Key subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member

Usually by combining or altering words that:

• relate to the industry

• relate to your twist on that industry

• have strong visual/brandable elements (colors, animals, etc.)

Mix, mash, and alter those words until you come up with a name that sounds good to you. Check to see if the .com is available.

Also prioritize short names.

• Options
    Jaden JonesJaden Jones subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Have you tried browsing brandbucket? While you may not buy one of their names, it's great for getting ideas. 
  • Options
    Why-EyesWhy-Eyes subscriber Posts: 51 Bronze Level Member
    a good name is something simple, catchy, and easy to remember like caterdog (just an example a play on the phrase cat or dog)
  • Options
    heavenlyingheavenlying subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Really appreciate it. I'm gonna have to do some research and a whole lot of lists
  • Options
    saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    Brand name should be unique and it describes the service of your business.