WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

how to create good public relations for a startup.

Connie975Connie975 subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
Hi guys,

I have a startup in the making, I want to know, how can you do public relations, with out investing huge money, for the same. 

Comments

• PosidenPosiden subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Connie975, my name is Jay, if you send me an email telling me a little about your start up I will see what I can do to help you out. I have started and successfully operated 2 businesses and the methods I use are extremely effective and can be applied to pretty much any company. My email is titanposiden5@gmail.com. 
  • AlexKAlexK subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member
     Connie975 said:
    Hi guys,

I have a startup in the making, I want to know, how can you do public relations, with out investing huge money, for the same. 
    SaaS startup?
  • Why-EyesWhy-Eyes subscriber Posts: 51 Bronze Level Member
    do you know how your going to market and do you have an email list that your going to write too? Do you have a blooming webpage and want to put a video there? If so I would look at these 5 steps for building a online relationship with customers
    1) Introduction - try to grab their attention and create open loops to keep them interested and make them want to stick around and read/watch more
    2) Story - tell a story it doesn't have to be to long and don't brag about yourself, instead let us see you for the human you are and not some untouchable being who has never made mistakes 
    3) content - this is where you give your value to them and show of your product and speak about how it changed you
    4) Transition - transition your whole conversation into the last step
    5) pitch - this is where you confirm the sale and tell the price of it
  • jonostockerjonostocker subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    nice question!!

I am Public Relatoin Executuve at OPTnation

For a startup that hasn’t settled on a product customers love, press coverage can be a huge mistake. Despite popular belief, getting as much press attention as possible right out of the gate is rarely a good idea. If you’re an entrepreneur who is ready to start scaling, that nod from TechCrunch and mention from Erin Bury could be invaluable.

do you know how your going to market and do you have an email list that your going to write too? Do you have a blooming webpage and want to put a video there? If so I would look at these 5 steps for building a online relationship with customers
    1) Introduction - try to grab their attention and create open loops to keep them interested and make them want to stick around and read/watch more
    2) Story - tell a story it doesn't have to be to long and don't brag about yourself, instead let us see you for the human you are and not some untouchable being who has never made mistakes 
    3) content - this is where you give your value to them and show of your product and speak about how it changed you
    4) Transition - transition your whole conversation into the last step
    5) pitch - this is where you confirm the sale and tell the price of it
  • M FrancesM Frances subscriber Posts: 7 Member

Although I know a thing or two about free publicity's value to businesses, I strongly endorse -- from the beginning -- picking a charity to whom the business will donate a percentage of its profits. 

This is not something you'll routinely publicize. It's just the right thing to do and it's good business. 

Down the road, you'll be glad you did this. 

(I hope to write more about this in the future.)

Hope this helps!

• Jessie HookieJessie Hookie subscriber Posts: 351 Silver Level Member
    1. Focus on relationships
    2. Tell, don’t sell
    3. Think outside your industry
    4. Embrace competition
    5. Be consistent
    6. Consider the big picture
    7. Create content, content, and more content

• DatainoxDatainox subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member

Hii,

It is best topic of start up to discuss here, Some point to discuss here

1. Create a Contact List
    2. Find Email Addresses
    3. Connect and Network the customer
    4. Prepare your Site of start up
    5. Focus on relationships and so on
  • CBDSoldOilsCBDSoldOils subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    edited August 2020

My first answer when i read the question is with money :)

But there is much more than money in any case. Quality PR to have effect one constant is must :that product or service must be quality and people to like it and must be involved many years in exposing the brand-product or service.

For example:

I will go to details about one word "apostrophe" to understand what I'm talking about.All know Grammarly yes.And only this service exist online. If you answer yes then you are wrong.Why because there is another also even better software called InkForAll which is doing the same as Grammarly even better but is not so known to the audience.Why?

Because PR.They are short years on market despite the fact is giving better service even free and to use grammarly you need to pay.

• visvishnuvisvishnu subscriber Posts: 1 Member

Well, without money I guess it isn't possible. These days everything is linked to money & also with websites with less traffic is associated, so they gonna charge a bit to maintain their website.

So just invest on some critical thinking & come up with a crazy idea that can draw eyeballs & organic PR would cover it.

• AnnAnn subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member

Good discussion, which is effective for all those who wish to start and currently running a business.

Thanks for all the valuable share!

• LifeRevivalUniverseLifeRevivalUniverse subscriber Posts: 76 Silver Level Member

Start by writing a PR strategy that includes: the audience; the main characteristics of the audience; ways of communicating with the audience; companies with a related audience; key areas of work; key semantic lines; target media pool; biography and interviews of a public person.

• BrackwomBrackwom subscriber Posts: 39 Bronze Level Member

Here are effective Strategies to create good public relations for a startup.

1. Create A Social Media Presence.
    2. Identify Your Objectives/Define Your Message.
    3. Select A Newsworthy Subject.
    4. Use Public Relations Storytelling.
    5. Relaunch Your Website.
    6. Think Like A Journalist.
    7. Possesses Writing And Editing Skills.
    8. Learn About Your Audience.

• DenialBrownDenialBrown subscriber Posts: 6 Member

A key aim of PR for startups is securing favorable and compelling press coverage in relevant outlets—from major publications like TechCrunch to niche industry newsletters—that attract awareness and action from prospective and existing customers, investors, and stakeholders.