WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Feedback on our start-up idea

cmoulicmouli subscriber Posts: 9 Bronze Level Member
Hi -

I am a  new person to the Start-up Nation Community.  I want to get some feedback on our start-up idea. Can you suggest which of the sub-forums I can ask for feedback? Thanks

-cmouli

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Hi, @cmouli? What specifically are you looking for? Website critiques, business plans, general feedback, etc.? 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • cmoulicmouli subscriber Posts: 9 Bronze Level Member
    Hi, @Ryan O'Bleness , Below are the specific areas I am looking for a feedback.

1. Feedback on the idea that I expressed in the previous thread. i.e. SaaS Application Integration using BOTs. Is it something that you think is a compelling need in the current SaaS Market Situation?
    2. Is our website content is reflecting the necessary information for a customer to understand. We wanted to keep it simple with no more or less information.
    3. We are also looking for beta testing customers. I,e, SMBs using multiple SaaS Application. We are trying out our ways. But any thoughts to attract them in a cost-effective way.
    4. Any other experience sharing from similar startups that you may have come across. 

In case if you find the above questions are more or beyond your scope of areas, please choose to provide us with the inputs on those which you are comfortable. Appreciate you coming back on this. Thanks.

-cmouli

HI @Ryan O'Bleness ,

Information on our idea and websites. Hope this helps.

Idea:

Our product is a platform that makes the integration of SaaS applications easier by offering pre-configured connectors/configurations and a chat-bot that sits on popular messenger platforms like Slack, Skype to make the interaction easier. Users of the platform can directly run pre-defined use-cases to exchange information between one or more SaaS applications. For e.g. a user can instruct the BOT exchange information between a CRM and accounting application.

Website links:

Main site: www.dot2globe.com
    Product Landing page: www.incox.net

-cmouli
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited January 2019
    @cmouli, yes your specific business idea is far beyond my scope of knowledge, but taking a look at your website, I think the simple approach is the way to go. Too much copy with industry buzzwords -- especially in the SaaS sector -- will scare people of. I think the simple color scheme is easy on the eyes as well. However, when I go to your site, I don't immediately understand the product. I don't know what problem this solves for me. How can you make the copy or imagery more welcoming or more clear? 

I would recommend posting your website in the Website Critique forum (linked below). You won't be able to post links yet (must reach 10 posts), but I could post a clickable link for you, 

https://community.startupnation.com/categories/website-critique

In terms of attracting beta customers on a low budget, I would definitely use social media, and particularly Facebook. You can write a compelling post with your offer and boost it for a small dollar amount, or spend a little bit more money and run ads that will reach more people. 

But, to answer your first question, I don't feel like chatbots are a huge need, at least for my job personally. My experience with chatbots has been mostly frustrating and I still prefer to talk to real, live humans. So that means it is your job to convince me, and others of a similar mindset, otherwise. Once you can answer that question yourself -- "Why are chatbots a compelling need?" -- and you're able to sell others on that idea, then your service will be ready to go. 

I hope this helps. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
    Hi, @Ryan O'Bleness -

Appreciate your insightful feedback. The points you make sounds valid to me. We need to think and improve how we can make our story more compelling and easier to understand for our customers. Appreciate helping with the link to website-critique. Will post it there and seek for feedback

Regarding chat-bots, that has been a new norm we are seeing widely spreading with every service. Instead building a UI which the customer has to familiarize, we thought will enable a BOT based interaction for the customer over Skype/Slack Messenger. That way he can be in his own context but still able to achieve things through the BOT that sits on Skype/Slack as an additional contact. However we need to evaluate the response through our beta program. Also another advantage with this is that the customer need not install a new application for his mobile/tablet devices.

Many thanks for your help. Have a nice day!

-cmouli