WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to build a website for your small business

Comments

• PulsarrPulsarr subscriber Posts: 89 Silver Level Member
    edited March 2018
    Firstly you need to create design, then implement it, and then create and post content. There are many website builders now, you can choose some for you. Or also you can use already-made template. I recommend to start from here https://steelkiwi.com/blog/right-to-left-rtl-website-development-design/ good guide.
  • ChiedoChiedo subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    I recommend SquareSpace every time if you're on a tight budget and just need something clean and basic.

WordPress is awesome also. And it's my top choice for businesses that are generating revenue. But WordPress websites require more attention in the form of updates and other tweaks and customizations.

SquareSpace websites cost the monthly fee, that's it.

WordPress websites often cost you more. In the form of money you pay developers or in the form of time you spend trying to tweak things.
    HAVE A KILLER APP IDEA? We help entrepreneurs build their app ideas and websites. LEARN MORE.
  • ptruesptrues subscriber Posts: 7 Member
    I highly recomend settting up a Wordpress site and doing it yourself.  If you are smart and know how to work a computer, then you can do it.  No coding required.  I watched A LOT of youtube videos.  And it took a LONG TIME.  But now I can make my own updates, and I can make it exactly how I want it to be.
  • faiyneenfaiyneen subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    Wordpress is the best site to deveop your website.You can develop your mobile app also with your website creation.For details how to develop it :Leotechnosoft mobile lab
  • roxannemorrisroxannemorris subscriber Posts: 57 Bronze Level Member
    You should pay attention to the website design. It must follow modern requirements. I recommend you to use different graphic elements for example check MasterBundles website. There are many premium graphic products with great discounts for up 90% 
  • roxannemorrisroxannemorris subscriber Posts: 57 Bronze Level Member
    You should pay attention to the website design. It must follow modern requirements. I recommend you to use different graphic elements for example check MasterBundles website. There are many premium graphic products with great discounts for up 90% 
  • AdriAdri subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    Best way is using CMS wordpress, easy and fast, and a good hosting like banahosting.
    https://www.ahackear.com - My spanish security blog
  • ananyadesignsananyadesigns subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member

I would recommend WordPress for small business. Because I saw someone suggesting Squarespace, thus I am sharing a comparison of WordPress with two other popular CMS, Squarespace and Wix to help you choose what suits you best.

WordPress is a more convenient platform, compared to Wix and Squarespace. Here are the reasons why:

WordPress can be used by any individual or business, irrespective of its size. On the other hand, Wix is fit for only small businesses and side projects and Squarespace is best for design-oriented sites.   

WordPress is limitless in terms of designs. There are hundreds of themes and plugins in WordPress which can totally be modified and controlled by you. On the other hand, Wix and Squarespace do not come with so many varieties.

While you can still start blogging on Wix for free, SquareSpace boasts of a high price tag. WordPress is undoubtedly the cheapest and most dynamic blogging platform among the three.

WordPress is an ideal choice for SEO as it comes with additional features like Yoast which only enhance its performance when added to the content management system. On the other hand, Wix only suggests two Google plugins along with a few of their own apps. Furthermore, Squarespace provides standard SEO services to cover features like page titles, clean HTML markup, and automatic redirects.   

• Blazho GjorgievBlazho Gjorgiev subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member
    Guys you totally miss the point of the article.WordPress today is not the answer in many ways and aspects.
    Today small business prefer more Wix,Exai and SquareSpace than Open Source CMS.
    Why?
    Because are more stable and secure,in this point Exai have good advantages,Wix is better for individual work as business but is not flexible and not giving you ability to get out from plat
  • jjackevansjjackevans subscriber Posts: 64 Bronze Level Member
    I think better result will be from professional software developing company. I can share contacts of a company that has developed professional website for me. It was special logistics software. They can provide many options for you. Here is their website https://light-it.net/#2 you can look portfolio and another information.
  • TheInternetPresenceTheInternetPresence subscriber Posts: 7 Member
    Make sure the website is professionally done though.

Judging a business by its cover…

“75% of web users admit making judgements about the credibility of an organization based on the design of its web site.” – Source: Fogg, B.J., Sanford Guidelines for Web Credibility. Persuasive Technology Lab. Stanford University

• sugiantosugianto subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    I think using wordpress is a great starting for small business
  • MarkHenryMarkHenry subscriber Posts: 22 Bronze Level Member

First,

you should try with blogger or wordpress (free).

Then after 1 year you can go with paid. I mean you should buy a domain & hosting package. That's it!

Thanks

Mark

• InaIna subscriber Posts: 2 Member

There are plenty of tools in building a website. Even you don't have enough knowledge to do it, you can easily manage and set up your own site using those tools. Find a perfect design that would fit for your brand and use it to attract the audience in visiting your page. You can use WordPress and website builder tool or any other site that you find easily to start with.

• nguyentuanpcnguyentuanpc subscriber Posts: 1 Member

You should choose Wordpress because:

1. Lots of Plugin and Themes for free. If there is a fee, the price is quite cheap.

2. Easy to use with beginners.

3. Number one for advanced features for SEO. Website thus makes it easier to top up than other sources.