WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Building server to host Websites

JJ30JJ30 subscriber Posts: 1
Hello all, I was curious to know if I build my own server and host websites would it be good in the long run? Also does anybody know about building link networks for affiliate sites?

Comments

• Options
    Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    Hi JJ30,

I think the web hosting businesses are overcrowded. When you enter "web host" into the search bar, you will get more than 1 billion results. You will have a hard time to compete with these keywords. Therefore, the CPC will be very expensive to compete in the long run. 

Furthermore, if you enter "free web host", you will also get a result which is close to 1 billion. In other words, many companies are running freemium model. 

Therefore, the profit margin may not be high enough to get your expenses covered at least for the first few months. You need to both "invade" and "defend" your business.

There are also a lot of affiliates around promoting the businesses, while some start their business with "private/white label".

Hope the above helps to form part of your decision.
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• Options
    jjackevansjjackevans subscriber Posts: 64 Bronze Level Member
    Question is from 2014 year...