WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Flyer distribution

canterburystablecanterburystable subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2015 in Public Relations
How often should I distribute flyers to prospective customers? I distributed about 100 flyers about a year ago and got one response. The flyers were left in mailboxes. When is it okay to distribute again? I have since changed my business name, gotten more focused with my goals, and gained more experience in my area of expertise.
Also, I'm interested in direct-mail advertising. But how do I come up with my mailing list?

Comments

• canterburystablecanterburystable subscriber Posts: 1
    How often should I distribute flyers to prospective customers? I distributed about 100 flyers about a year ago and got one response. The flyers were left in mailboxes. When is it okay to distribute again? I have since changed my business name, gotten more focused with my goals, and gained more experience in my area of expertise.
    Also, I'm interested in direct-mail advertising. But how do I come up with my mailing list?
  • AlexDailAlexDail subscriber Posts: 0
    More important I think than flyers, although it depends somewhat on the business, is establishing a physical presence. The site talks about elevator pitches and I'm hoping networking is covered under that topic area.
    You need to identify your market. Make a list of anyone who can connect you to your market and begin a campaign to keep yourself on front of that market. This ought include cards that are holiday, specific recognition day, birthday cards etc. Included in this can be information that describes the benefits, from your clients point of view, of your business.
    In short, fliers it seems are a great way to introduce yourself and to remind people, but the way to get business is interacting with them. Does that make sense?
  • handbagsandshoeshandbagsandshoes subscriber Posts: 0
    I have since changed my business name, gotten more focused with my goals, and gained more experience in my area of expertise.Replica Handbags And Shoes
  • jasonburtonjasonburton subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Need a foam coaster type of flyer prints, I suggets to try the unique one at http://www.digitekprinting.com/foam-core-posters before they go for advertising distribution.
  • Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member

Hi

I would think it is good to distribute flyers at least once or twice per month. Out of sight means out of mind, people will not remember who you are if you only distribute flyers once a year.

However, I don’t think distributing flyers on a weekly basis is a good idea. It seems a bit too much. People don’t like to be spammed (just like email), it may even have a negative impact to your business.

Depends on the content, if you have some free trials or samples, then I believe the recipients do not mind receiving reminder in the form of flyer and trying something valuable for free.

You need to balance between 2 aspects. Try hard to make them remember of you, while also not to make them hate you (because of spamming).

Make sure you provide customers a link to subscribe to your newsletter (if any), so that you can start building your mailing list.

Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/