WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Small Investment?

maengmaeng subscriber Posts: 2 Member
Guys I am looking for an investment where it involve only payment of small bills like web hosting and email marketing software and I take care of the rest. And he will own 15% of all sales and profit. Total investment requires only couple hundred dollar.
But I just can’t find people who are interested in small investment.

How do I find people who are willing to invest small amount?

Comments

• juninvest77juninvest77 subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Hello ,
    I am Jun Jin Am willing to venture into profitable business with you also willing to deal with you in trust and confidence ...Am an investor keen on investing in lucrative, calculated viable business, either by partnership or as a financier. in Cash, Fixed interest, Shares , Property. I will welcome any profitable business plan/proposal (Long or short term). I will be investing independently.
    To proceed, let me have your business plan/proposals
    ( juninvestcorpration@gmail.com )

Regards
    Jun Jin
  • McCandlessMcCandless subscriber Posts: 52 Bronze Level Member

There are a lot of investors who invest small amounts.

I am into Financial Services Industry and I come across X number of investors investing such amount. Some buy stocks of lower prices while others invest in Mutual Funds. In fact I invest a sum of $300 in most of the NFO’s. Talk to friends and family

PS- What may be a small amount for someone maybe be a big amount for the other investor.

• Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member

Hi Maeng,

If the investment is low, I personally do not think that it is worthwhile to look for an investor. You need to spend time looking for an investor, properly draw up a business plan and objectives, discuss about clauses (profit sharing), submit monthly reports to them, comply to their requirements (because ‘technically’ they are your shareholders, who invest into your company).

Funding:

If you really need source of fund, why not talk to your friends, family and co-workers? Alternatively, you can apply a credit card (if possible) or get crowdfunding from Kiva and KickStarter.

Do it yourself (DIY):

There are many free web hosting services available, while you can also get free email marketing software. Why not use the free resources first, then decide if you really need extra funding later?

Hope it helps.

Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• Mohit ChauhanMohit Chauhan subscriber Posts: 23 Bronze Level Member
    In order to get people engaged in investments, you have to first convince them why making the small investments is actually profitable for them. Until and unless they see a profit for themselves, they won't come to you. You can advertise your scheme on the net through email campaigns or publicise them through bill-boards or pamphlets. If you don't have enough money or time to do these initial PR activities for your business, why don't you try and be a stockbroker? You can learn all the share market basics and start your own brokerage firm. This business is bound to prove much profitable than starting any other investment schemes, as people tend to trust stocks and mutual funds more than other investment option. The brokerage earned through stock market trading is also quite good. Hence, it is a win-win situation for all.
    I hope this suggestion helps. At the end of the day, it is your decision and I wish you good luck with whatever you choose to decide :)
    edited January 2019
    In order to get people engaged in investments, you have to first convince them why making the small investments is actually profitable for them. Until and unless they see a profit for themselves, they won't come to you. You can advertise your scheme on the net through email campaigns or publicise them through bill-boards or pamphlets. If you don't have enough money or time to do these initial PR activities for your business, why don't you try and be a stockbroker? You can learn all the share market basics and start your own brokerage firm. This business is bound to prove much profitable than starting any other investment schemes, as people tend to trust stocks and mutual funds more than other investment option. The brokerage earned through stock market trading is also quite good. Hence, it is a win-win situation for all.
    I hope this suggestion helps. At the end of the day, it is your decision and I wish you good luck with whatever you choose to decide :)
  • saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    1. Mutual Funds: You can begin with a small SIP contribution in an equity instrument and scale it up over time. It provides you a good chance to surpass inflation over a lengthy time period.
  • PersiaPersia subscriber Posts: 1 Member

You can start with an equity instrument or you can start investing in Mutual Funds. This industry is expected to prove more lucrative than any other investment scheme, people tend to trust stocks and mutual funds more than any other investment option.

• Emily MorganEmily Morgan subscriber Posts: 3 Member

I'm not sure that you'll easily find an investor willing to fund just a couple hundreds dollars to fund your web hosting and email marketing software expenses. I assume that 15% of sales and profit is not that much.

I'd try to apply to friends, family, colleagues... Or consider using a credit card, small personal loan to cover your expenses. Borrow some money once, pay it off asap and you'll not have to share your income.

edited January 2020

Kudos to you that you have independently started your own business. I do not think you need to ask for a small funding to anyone, either go for external funding completely which involves pitching your idea to investors and convincing them to invest in your business or manage everything on your own and grow organically. As far as paying bills for web hosting and email marketing software is concerned, you can learn the basics of stock markets and practice the intraday trading. If you master the art of intraday trading, believe me, it will be a lucrative option for you and you will have no problems in funding your business. Wish you all the best, do well.

• RichardParkerRichardParker subscriber Posts: 59 Bronze Level Member
  • SurekhagoreSurekhagore subscriber Posts: 16 Bronze Level Member
    edited November 2021

You can look out for a venture capitalist or an investor. You can try to pitch your idea to a couple of investors and hope for the best. A much easier, yet risky way would be to opt for a loan. You will get the capital you need through a loan, but you may have to repay them as soon as possible.