WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Marketing Strategy for Cafe Business

AlrdAlrd subscriber Posts: 2 Member
Hey Guys, I'm about to make my own Cafe  / Coffee Shop

may be some of you guys have suggestions or tips & trick for marketing a Cafe beside from social media? 
and how to get into specific marketing target?

thanks guys.

Comments

• RandygRandyg subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Ive seen various business connect with the locals, maybe check the local demographic and connect with them through charity events or giveaways. For example I've been part of a marketing team for a cafe and we devised an event to cater to early birds, we gave discounts for people who would get up and go to the cafe before work. Over time those same people became regulars. 
  • marketinggalmarketinggal subscriber Posts: 28 Bronze Level Member
    Focus on your local customers. How about hosting the monthly chamber of commerce meeting at your cafe. You sell a catering job and also introduce your cafe to many influential business people in your town. 

Also make sure your Google My Business page is well optimized, with descriptions, photos and lots of good reviews. Because it will show well on the map results when people are near your cafe and are looking for restaurants. 

Plus make sure your Yelp listing is current, looks great and has good reviews. 
  • Diana.kasimDiana.kasim subscriber Posts: 23 Bronze Level Member
    You can make a calendar of events, Tuesday's for book lovers, Thursday's for business people. And try to invite interesting people, influencers maybe 
  • David WilliamDavid William subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member
    First of all you need to put your Cafe on Google map and optimize it with your brand name and complete street address. Than start facebook campaign locally in you city. Hopefully you can get amazing results.
  • janeoftradesjaneoftrades subscriber Posts: 7 Member
    Start off with what everyone said above and go DEEP in committing to this. 
    Then you'll see some success, for sure!
  • PulsarrPulsarr subscriber Posts: 89 Silver Level Member
    I think you should use social networks and mobile app marketing. 
  • Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    I believe nothing better than giving it out for free on the first business day.
    Of course, I am not asking you to hand out a large cup of coffee for free, but a small cup will do.
    Anyhow, you will still need to incur some marketing expense to promote. 
    I am sure people will help to spread the news when something is available for free.
    If they are happy with the taste and the price is reasonable, I am pretty sire they will come back to you...
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• KalenamKalenam subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member

Started to research the market and speaking of small local cafes I'd say that the only thing you should really focus on is the quality of coffee and desserts, that's the cheapest way to attractive customers. Speaking of marketing you can develop a customer loyalty program but throwing ads online/offline won't be really effective