Have you created a pitch deck for your business?

Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 985administrator Site Admin
edited March 2017 in Business Planning
A pitch deck is a visual summary used to communicate your business idea to potential investors. I am curious, who in the community has created a pitch deck presentation? Who is interested in doing so? 

If you would like to learn more about pitch decks, download our free Pitch Deck Fundamentals (produced by Venture Formations) e-book here.

Ryan O'Bleness
Community Manager
StartupNation, LLC

Have you created a pitch deck for your business? 27 votes

Yes, I have created a pitch deck
25%
Chris NierhausGregory101Matt_ShieldsErik G.Nick MJoe11231Trice 7 votes
No, I have not created a pitch deck
18%
TheBianicMancharudanielpuchgodmadeentreprenuerfreewebdesign 5 votes
No, but I am interested in creating a pitch deck
55%
skytouchnycCara BoyerRyan O'BlenessObie16BrianSmithTom AdamsAshley JohnUlla OtterstålSnaiLegacyUrvi KashyapRichoDavid_C42DAlrd8925GriffinSemir 15 votes
No interest
0%

Comments

• Ulla OtterstålUlla Otterstål Posts: 20subscriber Bronze Level Member
    Sounds like a good read! Will download the e-book. Thank you so much!
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 985administrator Site Admin
    edited June 2017
    It will teach you everything you need to know about pitch decks in a clear and easy to digest way, @Ulla Otterstål
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Tom AdamsTom Adams Posts: 70subscriber Bronze Level Member
    It will teach you everything you need to know about pitch decks in a clear and easy to digest way, @Ulla Otterst
    Thanks for sharing this book, I really hope it will be useful for me in the future 
  • charucharu Posts: 27subscriber Bronze Level Member
    No, I have not created a pitch deck
    It seems interesting. But i would like to know its benefits for business. 
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 985administrator Site Admin
    edited September 2017
    @charu, it's more for the start stage or for additional rounds of funding when you want to secure investors. It's a visual summary for potential investors, which lays out your business plan, team, projections, market research, etc. 

A well-done pitch deck can be very beneficial for your business when trying to secure funding. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Gregory101Gregory101 JacksonvillePosts: 51subscriber Bronze Level Member
    Yes, I have created a pitch deck
    A pitch deck is a short (max 10-12 slides) compelling narrative of your business that contains a clear plan for how investor funds will enable you to achieve your goals, and conveys that you have the ability to execute. Here’s a slide by slide look at what to include. 

• Mission — Give a clear one-sentence description of your startup’s reason for being.
    • Problem/Solution — Define the problem/customer pain point and how you are uniquely positioned to address it. 
    • Market Opportunity — Describe market size, structure and dynamics, and your potential customers.
    • Market Strategy — Explain your path to profitability, including key milestones, sales channels, customer acquisition costs, and partnerships/strategic alliances. 
    • Technology — Go over your unique value proposition: proprietary assets, your IP strategy, and how you will scale.
    • Competitive Landscape — Show that you understand the competitive dynamics.
    • Financials — Financial forecast with 3 years of revenue projections, underlying assumptions, and key business metrics plus your exit strategy.
    • Funding requirements —Size of your raise, valuation, future financing needs including capex; plus lead investors and investors’ ROI .
    • Management Team - Highlight domain expertise, track record, and significant accomplishments.
  • AenimaAenima USA, CaliforniaPosts: 12subscriber Bronze Level Member
    Sounds like a good read! Will download the e-book
  • projectionsfastprojectionsfast Wixom, MichiganPosts: 2subscriber Member
    Hey, Good to see the thread that discussed about pitch deck for business because I'm a financial planner and my work is, prepare investors decks, financial decks for businesses and start-ups. I'm new for this site and this is my first post ever. When I saw the thread could not stop my self to introduce to you all.
    I'm looking forward to get help each other to achieve our business goals together.
  • Urvi KashyapUrvi Kashyap Posts: 18subscriber Bronze Level Member
    hey,
    Doesnt the pitch deck and the B-Plan serve the same purpose then ? Infact B-plan chart is much easier to use and pitch. Just my cents, would love to discuss
  • David_C42DDavid_C42D Posts: 3subscriber Member
    Planning to
  • samDigitalmarketingsamDigitalmarketing NorwayPosts: 6subscriber Member
    Thanks for Creation this thread, I wanna plan for project Bidding , Do you have any suggestion ?
  • saravanansaravanan Posts: 389subscriber Silver Level Member
    The main information that the investor is expecting from you is something to ensure that he will be able not just to get his money back, but also to earn much more on the deal. Impress your investor with the knowledge of the market, be confident and do not say “I don’t know” - these are just a few small tips that you can use during your pitch.