WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Is it a bad idea if there is no enough competitor?

Sarbojeet JanaSarbojeet Jana subscriber Posts: 23 Bronze Level Member
I am working on a new idea ( Abstract Tube ) and I don't find any direct competitor in my domain. Does that mean it's not worth trying? Why do investors love to learn about the competitors? To understand the market or it's part of the template of the pitch deck? 

Best Answers

• marketinggalmarketinggal subscriber Posts: 28 Bronze Level Member
    Answer ✓
    Hi Sarbojeet - You have a good idea for a new business. While you may not have direct competitors you probably have indirect competitors, companies who sell goods or services that fulfill similar needs. 

An example would be a new Italian restaurant in a town with no other Italian restaurants, their indirect competition would be hamburger and Chinese restaurants - all of them serve food.

Investors want to know about your competition so they can gauge your ability to take market share. 

Read this informative article about how to speak about competition in your startup pitch. Good luck

https://medium.com/the-mission/how-to-win-your-competitive-landscape-in-your-startup-pitch-2519210864bb