WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Finally leaving toxic workplace. What to do next?

NathanCorro30NathanCorro30 subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I’m currently working for a foreign marriage agency but I’m so glad to say that I’m finally leaving in the next two weeks. I can’t put in words how much I feel so relieved even though I don’t have a fall back plan. I just had to detach myself from what’s stressing me out so badly. I do have a bit of savings but I don’t know how long it would last. I was thinking of studying again while taking a part time job. I know for sure that having a master’s degree will take me to higher places. But a friend also proposed a partnership for an events organizing business. He said we’ll just start small but will eventually expand our scope. I don’t want to go back to the corporate world, at least for now. Any advice people from the internet?

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Welcome to the community, @NathanCorro30

I would say that you could try it on a trial basis, but if you really feel that you do not want to be in that corporate-type environment, then I think that's something you really need to figure out. Don't commit to something that your heart isn't completely into. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC