WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to promote a work at home mom?

Debvie MedinaDebvie Medina subscriber Posts: 10 Member
Busy moms who want to be present while raising their children, but still want to contribute to the family income, have many options for building a flexible home based career. Even so, for many moms, the initial search for work-at-home options can be daunting and discouraging. Sometimes they might be offended at the suggestion that they use their motherly or housekeeping talents to open a home business.

Comments

• aliceta97aliceta97 subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    But I think they can do business online at home, that does not take too much of their time, and they can still take care of their children.
  • marketinggalmarketinggal subscriber Posts: 28 Bronze Level Member
    Why not use their talents, whatever they are - domestic or corporate. One of my largest clients at my marketing firm started as a house cleaner. Now she owns a large commercial cleaning firm employing 25 people with a fleet of 10 vans!  Bloom where you are planted :)
  • natashaaboehmnatashaaboehm subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Cool tips, thanks a lot for that) 
  • RjMaanRjMaan subscriber Posts: 28 Bronze Level Member
    Yeah i think women and house wives can earn a better living if they have the apatite to earn. They can go for free lancing or even they can cook and then sell items either online or to the local merchant.
  • manuyadavmanuyadav subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    Also a home maker with an interest in writing can also work on internet with handling the home itself getting the spare time as comfort.

• RiteshRitesh subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    You have to constantly read articles about stuff, basically information makes everything so easy.
  • Justin evansJustin evans subscriber Posts: 69 Bronze Level Member
    Well, I think nowadays social media is your best friend. You don't need to go outside to promote your work anymore. For house moms, it's the best way they can easily promote their work. Social media allow them to reach their target audience all they need is the internet to go online. Share their quality content among different social media platforms, Join groups can help them to promote work.

I'm qualified Software Engineer and Marketer Performing my responsibilities with due professional care and competence. Recently I am working on projects for On Demand industry like ODTap and Cabstartup
  • Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    There are 2 issues here:

1) Offering a service - This is easy. You can create a few freelance accounts  (eg: Guru, Fiverr, Upwork) and offer your service (eg: bookkeeping, designing, writing) instantly.

2) Promote your service - It may be difficult to stand out of the crowd, because you may find large number of independent sellers offering similar services. Therefore, you will need to incur either time or money to promote your services. However, you will definitely get more new businesses (automatically) when your number of reviews and rating increase (example: 100 4-star reviews vs 1k 5-star reviews) over the time.
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• Mohit ChauhanMohit Chauhan subscriber Posts: 23 Bronze Level Member
    edited December 2018
    Like, Justin Evans said, social media is the best way to promote yourself. It reached each and every person and also the people that you don't know. Going out in person to network won't get you as many people as social media might. Try being on every social media site and keep updating frequently. I think this will be the best way
  • AntonSCAntonSC subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    Are you good at writing? Create a facebook community (free) and start writing engaging content and drop some affiliate links there. Use cj.com or amazon associates. Note that any free methods require a decent amount of time to start working, maybe 2-3 months until you see any returns, that's the reality. If you have some money to invest, you can run facebook ads, but that require some skills. If you don't mind learning, facebook itself has the resources where you can get all needed information.