WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Thinking of starting my own business.

NinaLlena25NinaLlena25 subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I have finally saved up enough money to start my own business! I used to work as a top foreign dating coach for nearly ten years before I finally had enough. What’s a good business idea I should invest my savings on? I’m planning to quit my job once I get the business up and running, so I need to make sure everything works out. Any suggestions for businesses that are easy to setup and are cost-efficient too?

Comments

• manuyadavmanuyadav subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    As you have experience in dating you can start a business related to similar. You can also start a blog or website related to training and some more.
  • marketinggalmarketinggal subscriber Posts: 28 Bronze Level Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes, use your successful experience to build your own business. 

Study the industry, since you know it well, and find the problem areas that need solving. Those problems are your point of difference from other established firms.  Think about complaints customers had or inherent systems that did not work. All of this info is great data to brainstorm new companies.  

Consider doing a SWOT analysis - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats to unearth the diamonds of new business ideas within your industry 

Good Luck
    https://www.shopify.com/blog/74665093-want-to-future-proof-your-business-try-a-swot-analysis

• LogicJoshLogicJosh subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member
    Yes, use your successful experience to build your own business. 

Study the industry, since you know it well, and find the problem areas that need solving. Those problems are your point of difference from other established firms.  Think about complaints customers had or inherent systems that did not work. All of this info is great data to brainstorm new companies.  

Consider doing a SWOT analysis - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats to unearth the diamonds of new business ideas within your industry 

Good Luck
    https://www.shopify.com/blog/74665093-want-to-future-proof-your-business-try-a-swot-analysis

If you do go for Shopify, you're going to want to check out this site for some help: https://www.logicinbound.com/shopify-support-help/

It'll help you find out how to use the site.
  • AbenAben subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    Well, there are tons of business ideas & associated markets to exploit. Take for example Go-Jek in Southeast-Asia. Basically, it's an Uber service but they do deliveries as well, however its really popular only in that area, so the same idea can be replicated into another region as well.

Similar is the 'Uber for Kids' concept like HopSkipDrive, KangoRides etc - Basically a kid transportation service that connects available moms to drive neighborhood kids around to various spots. This idea really took off in the San Francisco Bay Area and has even tied up with small to medium-size schools as a cost/fuel-efficient child transportation partner(as compared to hiring a bus fleet and dealing with the costs related) 
    However, the concept still has not spread across the states yet. Which means you could start your own service at cheaper rates and tie-up with neighborhoods and then work your way up to kindergartens and small schools. 

There are tons more ideas like this. When you have a small & limited budget, it's usually smarter to leverage off an existing famous idea in a location that is yet to utilize it, than investing in building an all-new one from ground-up.
  • ShwetasinghShwetasingh subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    Find a problem you can solve, it can be a small one or a big one. The point is one way to stay dedicated to your business is to be passionate about it. Passion is what keeps us going during hard times. Think Mate!
  • Justin evansJustin evans subscriber Posts: 69 Bronze Level Member
    Well, I suggest going online find out the problems peoples are facing and how you can provide a solution to the problem. You need to target need of the audience and come up with the idea that can help the people in their daily life.
    Take Uber, for example, they had a simple idea, but since it solved people’s problem, it became famous. Also, you don’t necessarily have to launch a global business start small to try to come up with a solution that will help the local and then you can make it big if you want.
    you can also get ideas for your business through this website.
    I'm qualified Software Engineer and Marketer Performing my responsibilities with due professional care and competence. Recently I am working on projects for On Demand industry like ODTap and Cabstartup
  • JamieAlexanderJamieAlexander subscriber Posts: 7 Member
    You ought to make use of your knowledge that you have now and implement something different to attract the audience. This will make you demanding.
  • AsfandiyarAsfandiyar subscriber Posts: 25 Bronze Level Member
    You can start a business in the area you know best. Or explore another area and start a business there.
  • Diana.kasimDiana.kasim subscriber Posts: 23 Bronze Level Member
    You should ask yourself what activity you like to do and start look around if there is a need to open a business, for example you may like to eat good breakfast in the mornings, so you can open breakfast bar that works 24 hours or coffee shop, or you like to do yoga, why not to open yoga classes? I mean so many opportunities, but you need to be interested in doing it. goo luck!
  • LarryNDicsonLarryNDicson subscriber Posts: 17 Member
    When will uber launch a flying taxi?