WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Suggestions for payment providers/platforms of our business

Hi There,

We are looking for a payment provider that can help us solve our biggest problem. Our company is based in Hong Kong and we are currently using PayPal and Worldpay. 90% of our customers are based in the US, meaning that every transaction counts as an international transaction.

Most US cards don’t allow for international payments and seem to be even stricter when it come to payments going to china. Result: 40% of our payments get declined by the card issuing bank. Once the customer calls his bank and clears the payment it goes through but only few customer do that.

So we are looking for an alternative payment provider that can help us solve this problem. Most likely we have to find a way to process payments domestically in order to avoid this problem and are looking for solutions.

Has anybody had experiences with similar situations?

Answers

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited October 2017
    I do not have any experience with this from a business side, but it's happen to me as a customer. Even just trying to purchase train tickets in Canada was difficult. I think the banks should tread carefully when it comes to international payment, but there should be an easier way because this is a nuisance that will cause abondment. 

You may want to reach out to International Bancard to see if they have any solutions, but I am not aware if they service China or not: 
    https://startupnation.com/internationalbancard/ 

Good luck. In the mean time you may want to have some sort of disclaimer posted throughout the website asking customers to please contact their bank before making the purchase. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    damponting44damponting44 subscriber Posts: 34 Bronze Level Member
    It’s important to us at PAY.ON that our payment service providers clients are able to rise to the top in this competitive environment, and reduce time to market for their merchants. This is why we’re launching a new series of blog posts aimed at giving payment service providers tips for getting the most out PAY.ON’s white label omni-channel payment platform.
  • Options
    Claire WallisClaire Wallis subscriber Posts: 2 Member

I can share some of my experience, hope that will be useful to you. I think it`s very important to choose the right payment gateway that can help you accept payments (local or international) and manage your online sales. There are many such gateways available on the market, I also did some research, but I do like those that do not give me too many headaches (meaning technical details). My customers want to pay easily and fast and i as a merchant I want a gateway I can trust. Currently, I am very happy with G2A PAY. Loved the experience!

• Options
    faiyneenfaiyneen subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
  • Options
    saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    Amazon Pay is an online payment processing service owned by Amazon.Amazon is charging its fees according to transaction-based and on border based. The domestic processing fee is of 2.9% and an authorization fee of $0.30 + tax and crosses border fees for processing is 3.9% and same on authorization fee.