WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Looking for a research question for my master thesis in the area of entrepreneurship

MatzeMatze subscriber Posts: 1 Member
Dear Entrepreneurs

I am planing to become self-employed on a midterm range. Over the last couple of months I have put togehter more then 100+ business ideas and talked to several people from various fields. 

But I really think that no more then 5 ideas do really have a potential - ideas come quickly but its the execution that brings the success. I tried to testify my ideas against scalability, sustainability, profitability and automatability. 

Now I am looking for a research question and topic for my master thesis (business consulting) in the area of entrepreneurship and startup science. Some research questions I was thinking of: 
  • Where in the market shell we introducte our product/service (and explain why)?
  • How to build a tech-driven startup with a non-technical leadership?
  • How to quantify the uncertainty of introducing a new product/service to the market? 
  • How to quantify the probability of success of a new product?
  • How to test market demand for a product that does not yet exist without having a prototyp/MVP?
  • How to mitigate persistent uncertainty factors in NPD that may prove to be highly ruinous for an idea?
  • How to apply Eric Ries' "validated learning" pattern without having a product or even customers? 
As you can see I am looking for a way to catch two birds with one stone. That means I would like to do some research on one of my ideas, to develop them further. But I am really having a hard time to come up with a concrete topic and just don't know where to start. 

What do you think about the research questions listed on top?

What would be an interessting research-area touching the following fields and keywords? 
  • Shared economy
  • Startup Science
  • Growth Hacking
  • Lean Product Development
  • New Product Development
  • Marketing
  • Rapid Prototyping
  • Low- / High-Fidelity Prototyping
  • Entrepreneurship
  • Lean Startup
  • Lean Market Validation
  • Lean Thinking
  • Validated Learning
  • Minimum Viable Product / Minimum Viable Habig Engine
  • Outcome-driven Innovation

Thanks in advance! 

Best, Matthias 

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    The Share Economy is hot right now, and should only continue to pick up steam in the foreseeable future. I think that would be an interesting topic to delve into. I would also be interested in MVPs or Growth Hacking, but any of the topics you listed are of interest to entrepreneurs and small business owners. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    melodyspencermelodyspencer subscriber Posts: 26 Bronze Level Member
    The Share Economy is hot right now, and should only continue to pick up steam in the foreseeable future. I think that would be an interesting topic to delve into. I would also be interested in MVPs or Growth Hacking, but any of the topics you listed are of interest to entrepreneurs and small business owners. 
    I also agree with you. That's a trending topic.