WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What does my landing page communicate?

speedyktspeedykt subscriber Posts: 6 Member
Hi all. I've been working on improving the messaging of my landing page, and I'd love some feedback. Can you take a look and tell me what you understand the site to be about?  I.e. How would you explain to a friend what Heal the Nation is? 

This is my revamped landing page: heal-the-nation.com/index_iteration_1.php 
(please copy and paste; sorry, it wouldn't let me create a link.)

You can compare it with my original version here, if you want to give me feedback on both (what message each version communicates): heal-the-nation.com 

Thanks so much!!!!

Comments

• speedyktspeedykt subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    Oh, P.S. please disregard the watermark on the photo.  I just haven't committed to purchasing the photo yet, as I might choose a different one.
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited July 2018
    Here is a clickable link: https://heal-the-nation.com/index_iteration_1.php 

My initial thoughts of what I think this website is about is an online forum for any employees in the healthcare industry to discuss their field: struggles, triumphs, questions, advice, stories, etc. 

Am I correct? 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • speedyktspeedykt subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    Ryan, thanks for taking a look at that for me!  And for providing a clickable link. :)  Yes, that is exactly what the site is about.  That is helpful, as I am aiming to communicate that as clearly as I can, and to be compelling as well.
  • simondesignersimondesigner subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2018
    My two cents:
    I don't like the shade of blue and yellow used, it looks dated (sorry).
    "Collaborate for better healthcare", "Share ideas", "Give and receive professional support", font color doesn't stand out against the yellowish background and the top/bottom padding is very large on each box. Should these be clickable?
    The 'How does it work' sections are very small in mobile view (maybe increase the padding on each box for mobile) and the join button is not prominent on the blue background (accessibility issue).
  • ViralsitezViralsitez subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    I think the domain name could use a revamp, simplifying the name can help. Normally I don’t go in on websites that bad because some sites look like a 5yr old built it, but they got the business part right, so in this case it dose look out dated I would suggest creating more authentic photos, and using a better website builder. It looks like you used weebly, not saying wix is any better because wix can be a huge disappointment if you don’t understand website development well, not too mention load time sucks lol any way... Squarespace builder or a professional website design person can definitely add that conversion factor that you need when creating a website.

Viralsitez . Com
    We build Custom Websites For Free
  • nugdigitalmarketingcsnugdigitalmarketingcs subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    The site would look nicer if you choose a color scheme that fits with blue and white. The yellow part doesn't bide well with the background. Make the "Collaborate for better healthcare", "Share ideas", "Give and receive professional support" bigger. Are they supposed to be links?
  • codysartonycodysartony subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I do not like the color combination. kind of boring and not attracted to stay
  • Jaden JonesJaden Jones subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    I agree with also changing the colors.
  • Why-EyesWhy-Eyes subscriber Posts: 51 Bronze Level Member
    edited January 2019
    I would  recommend adding a quick video to it. It can be a short video thanking them for clicking on your website and you explaining what it is and why they should join.
  • oliversarmyoliversarmy subscriber Posts: 39 Bronze Level Member
    I would recommend trying to style it a lil more attractively, right now it's a bit plain.