WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Best sources for help with website legal documents? (Terms, Privacy Policy)

speedyktspeedykt subscriber Posts: 6 Member
I am getting ready to launch a website (a social network), and I know I need a Terms of Use and a Privacy Policy on there to protect myself and comply with laws. So far I am a one-woman team and have done everything myself (no budget to hire help yet!).  To start on some semblance of Terms and Privacy Policy documents, I went to a website that generates sort of a cookie-cutter document for you.  But I want to know what other people have found to be the best strategy for writing or obtaining adequately written website legal documents?  Have other entrepreneurs written them themselves? And have they found that to be adequate?  Or would people strongly suggest I hire an attorney to get these documents written?  The cookie-cutter docs I have now were temptingly easy, but I fear they will be inadequate.  Any guidance or suggestions???  Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers