WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Traveling Entrepreneurs/Digital Nomads Checklist

Roaming_CEORoaming_CEO subscriber Posts: 2 Member
Hey everyone!  I'm new here and I am so excited to have found this forum.  There's so much information and I can't wait to soak it all in!

I have a question for you all who have online/ecommerce businesses and are digital nomads...  What are your absolute "must haves" and "would likes" when you travel - assuming you are planning on working at that destination?  For example: must have - accommodation with high speed internet connection
would like -  a separate work area/office.  I'm putting together a blog and instead of simply using Google and copying other blog posts, I would rather hear/read it directly from the source :smile:  

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited April 2018
    Welcome to the community, @Roaming_CEO

I am not much of a digital nomad myself, but if it were me, I would obviously need an up-to-date laptop, my iPhone, and I think both high-speed internet and available Wi-Fi would be at the top of my list for must-haves as well. I would want a good camera to document the experience, and all of the other essentials such as a good pair of headphones, chargers for each device (and access to outlets no matter where I am at), USBs, etc. 

These are just my ideas from a technology standpoint (we're not even considering clothing and personal hygiene items that would obviously be needed on the trip as well). But again, I have no experience in this realm, so take it with a grain of salt! 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    Roaming_CEORoaming_CEO subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Ryan and thanks for welcoming me!

I really appreciate your response!  People who are starting out as digital nomads can easily overlook these small, but vital details due to the excitement of traveling to an exotic place.  Somethings that people forget as well are the voltage in each country (making sure our devices are compatible and buying a converter if necessary) and the country's plugs.  The plugs are available at airports, but it's much cheaper to buy them beforehand.  Once again, thanks so much! :-)