WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to generate leads using social media?

sophiejohanssophiejohans subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member
edited November 2016 in Marketing
What are your ways to target customers? And what channels/sites you're using? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Best Regards,

Sophie

Comments

• outdoorjimoutdoorjim subscriber Posts: 0
    It really depends. Social media works very differently for different industries. If you are offering some sort of dining or entertainment option, being seen on facebook feeds is crucial, because people use facebook to make their social plans. On the other hand if you are selling B2B services or whatever, you won't make sales on social media, because people don't use social media to buy these things. It is still a good place to keep your audience engaged though.
  • JLevittJLevitt subscriber Posts: 0
    One of the best ways to target customers is to create content you know they care about. This usually looks like a blog or podcast.

Social media becomes your publishing platform. As your high-value content gets shared, you'll start to build an audience.

Facebook is by far the best place for any marketing activities for most industries. It has the largest and most active user base when it comes to actually converting on offers. In my experience, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram have nowhere the return on time or money.

I have a post on my blog that may help further explain this concept: http://joshlevitt.me/a-content-marketin ... nderstand/

Good luck!
  • davesemporium77davesemporium77 subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Hi Sophie,

I'd agree with outdoorjim, it does depend to some extent on the demographics of your target market.

I use LinkedIn for professional / business type of clients. For other markets, Twitter & Facebook seem the most appropriate. Also I find Pinterest & Instagram work well if your products or services lend themselves to a 'visual' approach.

Regards,
    David.
  • VLAHAKISAVLAHAKISA subscriber Posts: 0
    I've found that Facebook isn't very good for B2B, though I do maintain a regularly updated presence there regardless. Twitter is much better for B2B service based industries.

Amanda
  • zlasszlass subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey Sophie,

The types of social networks that you join varies differently depending on the type of business you're in. We're a branding agency and as example - we don't use pinterest because it's the wrong target demographic for us. We don't have visual images to pin that would entice people to visit our pages so we resort to Facebook/Twitter which has worked out extremely well for us especially while using hashtags to categorize our posts. On the other hand, we manage pinterest accounts for some of our clients that are in the food blogging and fashion industry because that makes the most sense.

It really varies depending on what you want to do and who your actual target demographic is.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Jon
  • PhillipsPhillips subscriber Posts: 68 Bronze Level Member
    I feel social media platforms does not help in the growth of a brand name as email marketing. Yes, there are few people who believe email marketing is outdated and fails to produce positive results like social media marketing channel. However, to be very frank our organisation at first believed in this myth. However, that did not help our brand name to grow. Therefore, we really saw some significant positive result once we started with email marketing. Our marketing team involved themselves in this activity using an hybrid email marketing called EasySendy Pro. We saw some great improvement in our email open rate and click through rate. Therefore, my vote goes to email marketing channel. Rather I would say, social media marketing did not work as great as email marketing for us.
  • Adam JonesAdam Jones subscriber Posts: 124 Silver Level Member
    Using social media monitoring, content creation, advertising, and networking, you will be a hero at your organization by bringing in leads like never before.
    1. Build a network of strong ties.
    2. Influence connections for content sharing.
    3. Utilize social media monitoring.
    4. Use social ads to generate leads.

• CarlbrewsterCarlbrewster subscriber Posts: 160 Silver Level Member
    You can generate leads via both ways Paid & Organic

For Paid you need to run the campaign, with right keywords selection, Catchy creatives & Targeting the right audience.

For Organically you need to work on branding & build more trust among your followers/friends, give them some discounts & offers.

Hope these few step will give you an exact idea to generate leads from social media
  • Jnana S RaoJnana S Rao subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member
    We use both Paid and Organic channels for generating Leads.
    Under Social Media we only use Facebook Advertising; Google AdWords is something that gives us great variety of ads and we are stuck with it for lead generation.
  • McCandlessMcCandless subscriber Posts: 52 Bronze Level Member

On Social Media there are many dedicated groups which target particular niche.

Now what you have to do :

1. Find different groups.
    2. Join them.
    3. Go to the search box of the group.
    4. Now search the keyword related to your niche. There you will find posts in which either people are providing service or they are asking for services.
    5. Now you can contact the person who need services.

I hope this will help you to get more clients.

For more, I suggest you to go through the following blog post in order to figure out the best answer to your question.

3 Reasons Why You’re Not Attracting Leads To Your Business On Social Media

• Climb LeanClimb Lean subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Most B2B companies have one or more case studies in use. The power of the case study is simple to understand. There can’t be anything else more persuasive than reading how a company has helped someone just like you. And helped them so much, they’ll sign up to tell the world about it.
    Case studies are versatile and can be used in more than one way.

You can share your case study on relevant social media including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. You can also use social ads to drive traffic to the case studies.

If you are interested in learning how to make B2B case studies, please check out at https://www.udemy.com/creating-killer-b2b-case-studies/?couponCode=B2BCASESTUDY-SEPT
  • Melvin JacobhMelvin Jacobh subscriber Posts: 20 Bronze Level Member
    One of the best ways to reach your target audience is by writing a quality blog post and by sharing it with your social media audience this will be helping you in generating more number of leads on social media.
  • charucharu subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member
    Social media is the best platform to reach your audience be it p interest, Facebook, Instagram or twitter. Providing latest data and using popular hash tags may help you.
  • levonab90levonab90 subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    if you want generate just* leads for free...add a post and share with your friends, share/submit the post in popular tranding groups...
    But for the better results you need run an ad (for leads leads)...in this case you will become targeted and quality leads for your bussines.
    There are lot of courses and articles how to run leadgen ads on facebook...the best way is the facebook blueprint training cednter. check it.
  • Alberto G. MorrisonAlberto G. Morrison subscriber Posts: 26 Bronze Level Member
    Locate the sale leads through social media by following these four simple steps:
    ⦁ Know your audience
    ⦁ Give them what they want
    ⦁ Become the go-to person
    ⦁ Utilize multiple channels
    Research shows that 70% of businesses generate leads on social media. Productively use social media and your business will see an increase in brand awareness, website traffic, and conversation. Follow the above steps and advance your business by attracting more customers and strengthening existing business relationships.