WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Books on Sales?

corystempcorystemp subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2015 in Sales
One part of my business i know I need to improve on is sales. I have never looked at myself as a salesman type but i know that it is something I really need to improve on. Can anyone recommend any books on sales? I am really interested in improving my game in this area. Thanks!!!

Comments

• Road2SaleRoad2Sale subscriber Posts: 1
    By sales, do you mean that you want to be better at sales pitches and presentations?
    If that's it, there is no easy way to do that, reading will give you a bit of information, but keep in mind that selling is different to every person/country/industry.
    What you can do is read about it and watch some videos of public speakers and presenters. Try to look at the way they talk, the way they walk around.
    Being good at sales is no easy task, but as most things it gets better with practice.
    Also about looking at yourself as salesman... don't do that, if you just want to sell junk to a kid, that's fine. Otherwise think of yourself as a person that is trying to fix their problem, think how you can help them, by doing that, you will be able to talk to them, rather than giving them a sales pitch and you will have a higher chance of retaining that customer.
    I could go on, but I'd need about a 1000 pages
  • Alberto G. MorrisonAlberto G. Morrison subscriber Posts: 26 Bronze Level Member
    18 Great Books to Improve Your Sales Skills
    These great sales books cover the basics of sales, social selling, building customer relationships, growing key accounts, networking, negotiating--it's all here.
    1. The Outward Mindset -- The Arbinger Institute
    2. The Go-Giver -- Bob Burg, John David Mann
    3. It's Time To Sell -- Chris Spurvey
    4. New Sales. Simplified -- Mike Weinberg
    5. Fanatical Prospecting -- Jeb Blount
    6. The Only Sales Guide You Will Ever Need -- Anthony Iannarino
    7. Response Block Selling -- Victor Antonio
    8. How to Get a Meeting With Anyone -- Stu Heinecke
    9. The Science of Selling -- David Hoffeld
    10. The Challenger Customer -- Nick Toman, Matthew Dixon, Brent Adamson, Pat Spenner
    11. How to Say It -- Geoffrey James
    12. The Lost Art of Closing -- Anthony Iannarino (publishing August 2017)
    13. Key Account Hack -- Jermaine Edwards
    14. The Joshua Principle -- Tony J. Hughes
    15. Social Selling -- Tim Hughes & Matt Reynolds
    16. Sales Manager Survival Guide -- David A. Brock
    17. Beyond The Sales Process -- Steve Andersen, Dave Stein
    18. Never Split the Difference -- Chris Voss & Tahl Raz
  • Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    edited November 2018
    Hi Corystemp,

I would suggest you take up an online course (such as: Udemy) instead of books. I find it more useful that way because you can learn and observe body language, facial expression and voice tune, which cannot be printed on books.

Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• Noahoscar986Noahoscar986 subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    What type of books you are looking for?
  • arjun123arjun123 subscriber Posts: 114 Silver Level Member
    • To Sell is Human. ...
    • Everybody Lies. ...
    • Blueprints For A SaaS Sales Organization. ...
    • Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion. ...
    • Never Split the Difference. ...
    • Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale. ...
    • The Ultimate Sales Machine. ...
    • SPIN Selling.