WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Small Business Support Outsourcing

SewahgroupSewahgroup subscriber Posts: 2 Member
Hi, I want to offer my services in providing support for your growing company. Currently I am the support department for a small software company in Austin, TX. I work as an independent contractor so I’m free to take on a couple more clients. I am located in the US and am fluent in english.

They keep me on call for 16 hours a day 365 days a year for domestic and international support but the volume is really low currently so I have plenty of extra time.

My idea is to provide help for the small business that has some support needs but not enough to warrant a call center or hire an extra person. Maybe you’re the type of person who doesn’t feel comfortable speaking or trying to to explain things to customers. This is where I excel. I’m very good at expressing empathy, understanding exactly the issue they are having and either helping them resolve it or gather the info needed to provide to you or the developers. Perhaps you are located in Europe and need someone to handle after hour support in English.

I can of course do the standard customer service thing also if you don’t have a tech product or service or don’t need me to do tech support.

I am very flexible in regards to pay. But I would imagine paying by support incident would be the best way for most small businesses rather than by the hour.

I support issues on Mac, Windows, Android and iOS. Adept at installing software on all and troubleshooting hardware, software and connectivity issues whether it be networking, cellular, wifi, etc. And there is always the login problem issues. Complete familiarity with cloud systems like Dropbox, Box, SpiderOak, etc.

All I require is that I have access to all support resources regarding your product or service so I can adequately assist your customer. This includes a direct number for urgent issues or questions for which I need an answer.

If you are interested contact Mark at sewahgroup (at) gmail (dot) com

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Welcome to the community, @Sewahgroup

You seem very well-versed in the technology and customer support fields. With that said, these kind of self-promotional posts are not prohibited in the community. Please use the space to provide expertise, ask questions and foster small business. That said, if somebody asks for support and needs to use your business as a resource, feel free to plug your company and offer services. 

But we do ask that you abide by the community rules: 
    https://community.startupnation.com/discussion/12951/community-guidelines

Best, 

Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • SewahgroupSewahgroup subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    To be honest I wasn’t sure. But then I saw 13279/free-web-design under Freelancers.

And I thought it would be ok. I see my offer as being a benefit to all startups, I mean where else can they find someone to man their support desk 16 hours a day and only pay for the one email or call that comes in. That’s why I explained the situation that I’m already on call and could just as easily help them out for cheap. I apologize for the posting. Feel free to delete it.
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited October 2017
    @Sewahgroup, I don't feel compelled to delete the post, as you were unaware of the rules and perhaps somebody who stumbles upon it will be interested in your services. 

But just a heads up, please refrain from these kinds of discussions in the future, or else your content could, in fact, get deleted and your profile may get banned. 

I hope you are able to contribute in our forums by providing your expertise and transferring knowledge, though. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Anna EversonAnna Everson subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    Not bad at all, thanks a lot for sharing
  • RjMaanRjMaan subscriber Posts: 28 Bronze Level Member
    Well, you have an impressive skills and you have the potential to earn great. but i think instead of sharing your skills in forum you should join any free lancing sites that could provide you some work to do.