WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How To Boost Productivity As An Entrepreneur

Andre BrownAndre Brown subscriber Posts: 55 Bronze Level Member

Improve your performance in your business by being more productive throughout the day

Hello everyone happy Thursday, I hope you had a great week so far. Today the point of the topic is how to boost productivity in your business. Productivity is a big indicator of how well your business performs. This doesn't mean having 10 different tasks to do every single day.

In fact that decreases your performance by focusing on things that aren't the most important. It has been proven we are more efficient at focusing on 3-5 complex tasks during the day that helps move your business forward. If you can only get these tasks done, then your day was successful. There are a few methods you can use to ensure you're boosting your productivity in your business. Once you start implementing these your business will transform in the long run.

Find a rhythm

When you are doing your tasks for the day you want to make sure you are organized. Grab a coffee, your laptop, and get ready to work. Start doing your tasks immediately in order to prevent procrastination. Don't let anything distract you from your work. A good tip is to put your phone in another room while you work so you won't use it.

A vibrating phone can interfere with your workflow even if you don't pick it up. You will think for a while about the notification you just ignored, trust me I know how this feels. Drinking black coffee is a good way to boost your energy and productivity. The caffeine will give you increased focus once it's effects start to kick in. This is especially useful if you're working in the morning and just got out of bed.

The beauty of caffeine is that it's effects last for at least 5 hours so you will be good to go for a while. For more information on how long caffeine stays in your system you can go here. Once you find your rhythm you can work for hours and time seems to fly by. You can get wrapped up in your work and then you realize 6 hours passed by. The key is to make you are doing the best work possible in order to complete your tasks.

Make your environment as quiet as possible so you can focus on the tasks at hand. If you need to do something you absolutely hate I have a tip you can use. Just be present by not thinking how much you dread the task and just do it instead. Act like you're enjoying it to ensure you get it done. If you think about how much you don't enjoy doing something the more likely you won't do it.

This is the method I use whenever I come across something in my business I don't want to do but need to do in order to move forward. At some point your motivation is going to wane, you're human. Instead of trying to work through and do a subpar performance consider taking a break if you need to. I know what you're thinking you want to continue working so you can get your tasks done. In fact you will actually be more productive if you take breaks once in a while.

Go to the bathroom, get something to eat or drink in your kitchen, even go for a 5 minute walk outside if you need to. It's good to step away from the computer for a little bit to reduce strain on your eyes. Walking will help relieve stress as well as recharge your mind and increase your mood. When it comes to eating during breaks eat a light meal.

Don't eat too much food while you're working it can make you tired and reduce your ability to focus. How long should your breaks be? It really depends on how long you can sit while focusing on your task. This is something you have to figure out on your own.

I can focus on a task for 3-4 hours if need be and not take any breaks at all, but usually it's 1-2 hours. A good indicator of when it's time to take a break is when you start getting bored or find it hard to think. If you want a good benchmark of where to start read Tim Ferriss's book The 4-Hour Workweek.

Listen To Music

Another tip you can use to boost your productivity is listening to music. Music has been proven to help increase focus while improving mood. This can help you work more efficiently on your tasks. A good idea is to have a downloaded playlist of your favorite songs when you get ready to work. Pick songs that energize you and get you in the zone.

Putting the songs on shuffle will save you time from having to manually select the song you feel like listening to. I enjoy listening to rap or hip-hop when I'm working, it puts me in a good flow state. Combine this in combination with drinking a couple of cups of coffee and you should be focused for hours.

I either listen to music when I first start working before the coffee kicks in or when I get bored. Use this as a fall back before you need to take your break. As they say music soothes the soul and increases well-being. "

Another good tip is to have a quote in mind while you're working to keep you focused. This is a good one “Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else.” ~ Peter Drucker.

You can always refer to this article if you need a refresher. Let me know how this article has impacted you and leave a comment below. Feel free to join my community(The Jawann Fitness Exercise & Health Community on Facebook) if you want even more tips and also checkout my page on Facebook Jawann Fitness for motivational posts, articles and videos.

Want to learn more about increasing performance in your business by getting higher quality sleep? Click here to find out more.

Social Media

Facebook: Andre Brown

Facebook Page: Jawann Fitness

LinkedIn: Andre Brown

Instagram: Andreissuave

Facebook Community: The Jawann Fitness Community

WordPress:https://jawann1991.wordpress.com

Medium: https://medium.com/@andrebrown

Comments