WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What drives an entrepreneur

Money is great but in itself it’s not enough to make anyone truly satisfied, especially not someone dedicated to taking the lead as an entrepreneur or exploring new territory in a startup. For me, the motivation comes down primarily to controlling the 5 Ws: the who, what, when, where and why of my day to day.

I’m curious how others see this game we’re playing though. What about entrepreneurship gives you the motivation to push on? What are you aiming for and how will you know when you’v “made it?" If it’s passion, what drives your passion?
Tagged:

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    @The Next American Dream

I think the most cliche answer is "passion," as you'll need plenty of it to start a venture and see you dream become a reality. 

But another motivation vehicle, outside of money and passion, is control and flexibility -- the ability to be your own the boss. The idea that you can start something you have an idea about, and you are solely in control of seeing that idea through. 

But I'm sure everyone has different perspectives on what drives them toward entrepreneurship. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Tom AdamsTom Adams subscriber Posts: 70 Bronze Level Member
    If you have an idea and want to make it work, it will be the best stimulus