WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Feedback needed - pitch deck design course

wagsterwagster subscriber Posts: 2 Member
I have designed over 100 pitch decks for startups pitching for funding, from one-man bands looking for angel investors through to established SMEs looking for series B/C venture capital investment. I'm considering running a course on how to design a really slick and professional pitch.

I'd cover storytelling, structure, branding, typography, use of imagery, information layout, presenting the problem/solution, competitors, market share, forecasting and a whole lot more - basically everything I have ever learned about how to design pitch decks, in a fairly simple "this is how you do it" format.

Before I start writing the course I would like to know a few things. Is this something you would be prepared to pay for (I'm thinking of pricing around $100 -$200)? What topics would you be most interested in? What is the most difficult thing you have found about putting together a pitch or designing the presentation to go with it?

Any and all feedback welcome. Thx :)

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited January 2018
    Very cool idea, @wagster

If it we're me, I personally wouldn't want to pay more than $99 or so. The challenge is that there are a lot of free tools, e-books (we have one on pitch decks at StartupNation) and individuals that people can tap into to save money. Your course not only has to solve a problem, but has to have something different than any of those aforementioned tools. 

I think what a lot of people may struggle with when building pitch decks is the organization and structure -- making sure you cover everything, it flows well and it's aesthetically pleasing. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • wagsterwagster subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks @"Ryan O'Bleness" , that's very helpful. I was going to start with structure and storytelling - also covering presenting skills. I think the only thing I can offer that you can't find anywhere else in various forms is to do an and-to-end taught course that covers absolutely everything!