WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What articles and e-books would be interesting for you to read?

We'd like to launch new series of articles, e-books and white papers for startup founders, and I'd like to ask a question: what topics would be the most interesting? It's important for me to hear that from the startupers themselves, so guys, your comments would be very helpful. Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited December 2017
    I think marketing, SEO and funding are always essential. However, how-to content is quite valuable, so whichever topic you choose, make sure you actually outline steps on how to accomplish something, not just give information on the topics. 

Also, public relations, technology, market research and competitive analysis for specific verticals would be good. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    Alvin2013Alvin2013 subscriber Posts: 17 Member
    for me, two following ebooks is pretty good: 100 Days of Growth and The Beginner’s Guide to Online Marketing.
  • Options
    Chris262Chris262 subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    It depends on what specific knowledge you are looking for, but there are often free guides available on official websites - as an example: g2a pay and ebooks
  • Options
    Olivia CaitlinOlivia Caitlin subscriber Posts: 26 Bronze Level Member
    I am a technology enthusiast and running a online store. I like to read articles and updates about the search engine and marketing field. Backlinko and Moz articles are the best piece of advice for a digital marketer. 
  • Options
    MNHMNH subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    Check out www.visionarymag.net for some inspiration, we do something similar to what you are tring to do. Would love to answer any questions you have
  • Options
    laughslaughs subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member

Of late, I've been reading Business and Economics-related things. I prefer introductory titles to complex academic ones. Nothing like simple language to explain complex stuff, in my opinion.

Currently I'm reading Gregory Mankiw's "Principles of Macroeconomics." It's lucid and informative enough for a layman such as myself.