WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

As a middleman, how to keep Wholesalers/Manufacturers identity far from my customers.

EntreSucessEntreSucess subscriber Posts: 2 Member
Hi Entrepreneur community,

I am starting my business as a Import/Export Middleman and have a basic question (Apologies if it was already asked).

I would like to ship my products straight from the wholesalers to my buyers (to avoid double shipping cost) but at the same time, I don't want my buyers to locate my wholesalers and start buying straight from them.

Is there a way to avoid that?

I appreciate any and all answers.

Best regards,
E.S

Answers

• Debvie MedinaDebvie Medina subscriber Posts: 10 Member
    Hello there! Do not share who your contacts are to your customers and always give them a good deal so they will stick to your services. I'm hoping this will help. God bless.
  • EntreSucessEntreSucess subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you very much Debbie for answering my question.

My concern is when shipping product from wholesaler directly to my buyer, it will have the contact info of my wholesaler.

Is there a way to avoid that without shipping product to me and from me to the buyer?

Thank you,
    E.S
  • AudreyFAAudreyFA subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Hi E.S.
    This is called 'blind dropshipping' - search this term on google if you'd like to get more advice from others.

Basically, you'll have to work on this with your supplier (the wholesaler). You should ask your supplier(s) that they do not include any invoices (or anything that would mention the wholesale price your pay), or marketing materials in the shipment. If they are able to drop ship items, they are likely aware of what blind drop shipping is so you could also ask them straightforward if they are able to blindly drop ship orders. 

Usually, they know you are selling products for them and help them to increase quantity so they will do it. 

hope it helps a bit.
    Audrey