WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Seeking Angel Investors for Life Long Goal

MitchRavenswyckMitchRavenswyck subscriber Posts: 8 Member
To whom it may concern,

My name is MItch Ravenswyck. I'm an "expat" New Orleanian living in Kentucky, while I miserably try to finish up years of a degree I should already have. The University has absolutely drained my creativity, brought ruin to EVERY idea I've had, or even stolen from me. But that haven't stolen one: and that's my one I cling onto for dear life. The one I"m most passionate about: the Hookah Lounge.
How, I know what most of y'all are thinking, and I totally get it too. Hookah lounges are so passee, and can fail easily. I argue the reason so many Hookah Clubs go out of business is because they fail to separate themselves not only from other hookah lounges, but nightclubs in general. What sets the product apart, what sets the service apart? What makes the decor unique. These are all questions I"ve pondered for years, and have many propositions that explain this phenomenon.

First, I will introduce L'Amaranthine Club. It is a wine/cocktail bar, focused around the highly social act of smoking hookah. Where other hookah clubs but the focus on the food or bar aspect of the venue, Amaranthine focuses on the Flavor of the hookah, and the relaxing, rejuvenating, and bonding experience that hookah provides. A VERY precise and hand-picked selection of wine and cocktails will be the perfect relaxing evening, while experiencing flavor combinations even the wildest imagination couldn't taste. House-made, every day, our flavors will be the perfect artisanal shisha for our patrons. For our artists, and our musicians. Which brings me to the MAIN focus of L'Amaranthine: the locals.

It's no secret that the locals are bombarded with irritating, ill tempered tourists day after day. Endlessly from dusk til dawn. Thus, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday of every week will be community night. This branding tactic of having a social event for the community will truly go the extra mile to assure our success.

New Orleans is thriving, and tourism is booming. The profits will be astronomical. I only need a partner (Silent if need be) to help this dream become a reality.

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited December 2017
    A lot of the time, you can find angel investors within your own circle: family, friends, mutual acquaintances, peers, etc. 

Angels are usually (cases may vary) more interested in actually getting your startup off of the ground, rather than the viability of it, and are thus more favorable than venture capitalists. 

I would start by tapping into your own network to figure out if there is anybody that you know, or somebody that you know is acquainted with, and go from there. Make sure you have a rock solid business plan and a pitch deck ready to go and present it to them. 

If you need help with a pitch deck, I would definitely recommend downloading StartupNation's e-book on the matter: 
    https://startupnation.com/pitch-deck-fundamentals-ebook/
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC