WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Infographic 10 Little Ways to Sneak in Exercise at Work

Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
edited December 2017 in Well-Being
I saw this article on HubSpot's marketing blog today. It is an infographic about how to fit exercise in at work. 

Some of these can easily be done, while others, such as working out during lunch with limited time or resources, may be harder to do. I wanted to get the community's thoughts on this article though.

How do you find time for exercise during your busy schedules? 

Personally, I aim for three or four workouts per week, but in reality I usually only end up with two lifting sessions per week, while staying active coaching football or playing flag football throughout the rest of week. 

@Andre Brown, any thoughts? 

Other community members, let me know! 

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/exercise-at-work

Ryan O'Bleness
Community Manager
StartupNation, LLC

Comments

• Andre BrownAndre Brown subscriber Posts: 55 Bronze Level Member
    Yes @Ryan O'Bleness I find time to exercise four days a week despite my busy schedule. I do three heavy strength training workouts a week with one day of rest in between each workout and do sprinting on Saturdays. Even though the sessions are only 60-90 minutes I feel so energized after them and I can focus on the rest of the tasks that I have to do that day. I also set aside blocks of free time that is devoted to working out and exercising and nothing gets in the way of that.

Exercise gives your body a break from constantly working and it pushes you to work smarter and not harder.
  • MichelleAleseMichelleAlese subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    I love that article, it makes some really good points! I try to make it a goal for myself to exercise 4 days a week. I walk 40 minutes a day since I work in the city, by skipping the subway. I also try to sneak in a 20-minute workout video after work, for a little extra exercise after sitting most of the day. 
  • ideasunlimited1ideasunlimited1 subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    This is really cute, and I appreciate the importance of taking even small steps towards making health a priority. You can make a ton of money, but without that heart working the way it needs to, then it is meaningless.
  • patrickmpatrickm subscriber Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks for the article! I try to give breaks 3-4 times a week  with at least 1 hour workouts. And try to add outdoors because it clears the mind...
  • Natalie222Natalie222 subscriber Posts: 33 Bronze Level Member
    It is hard to find time for exercises during the day, especially if you don't work at home. So, thanks for the info, I'll share it with my husband as he expereinces back pain after sitting in front of the computer during a long day