WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Fresh Graduate Dream

BryBry subscriber Posts: 1 Member
Hi guys im Bryan, i just graduated from University in China with Business Management Bachelor degree. I have a very basic business skill but quite broad (in my opinion) i know the financing stuff, marketing, PR, logistic, etc.

I have a Dream to build my own startup company, I'm currently working in one of them as a PR staff. I feel the workflow in this company quite inefficient. We use slack as the communication tools and asana as the daily task manager.

Do you have any suggestion what tools i can use for Starting a company? especially a tool that can be used for managing employees, add task for them (and i prefer the freemium based tools)

Thanks for your information in advance :)

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited November 2017
    Hello, @Bry. Welcome to the community! 

I would definitely recommend looking into MailChimp or HubSpot for an email client/inbound marketing platform. So, start with collecting email address that you can then send newsletters and announcements out to. HubSpot is much more expensive, but also has many more advanced features. If you're on a shoestring budget, I would go with MailChimp or Constant Contact. 

Other tools/programs to consider: 
    • SumoMe (provides many tools to grow your traffic) 
    • Due (invoicing/billing) 
    • Optimizely (Experimentation)
    • Google Analytics (analytics)
    • Moz (SEO)
    • SEMRush (Analytics/SEO)
    • Ahrens (SEO)
    • Keyword Planner (Google Keywords)
    • Google Adwords (PPC campaigns) 
    • JustReachOut (PR)
    • Cision (PR) 
    • StartupNation blog and community (everything you need to know for startups and small business)
    There are thousands of tools out there to help small businesses. A lot of them offer free trials or free  packages and work their way up with more features. Or some with offer various packages at different price points. Make sure to do your due diligence on which tools you believe are worth paying for. 

Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • themasterofdesignthemasterofdesign subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    Hey Bryan, I personally use Asana and I think it's a great tool. It works very well when I am managing my own web design company. The tasks are easy to track and their UI is great!

Do you think your current company is inefficient because the tools are not good enough?