WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Quit my job, started my own company and am one year in..

SPCSPC subscriber Posts: 7 Member
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself. A year ago I quit my job, moved out of NYC to a small New England town with my wife and (now) 2 year old son. I'm building a financial consulting business serving some business owners I met through my previous job.

I most enjoy working with closely held businesses, often family or private equity owned, with revenues ranging from $20 million to $150 million. It’s not so much the businesses that I enjoy, but the owners, entrepreneurs and families behind the business. These are the people who support our economy and create so many of the jobs that others depend on. You’re my heroes!

I may post from time to time on business financing, taxes (see my first post here www.sterlingpointcapital.com for one that deals with how to sell a business and pay no taxes), and investing.

Other than business, I enjoy fly fishing and building memories with my family.

Thanks!
Adam

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Hello, @SPC! Welcome to the community. 

I see you have already taken the risk of quitting your regular job and starting something you're passionate about. That is one of the hardest initial steps in entrepreneurship. I'm glad to see it's working out for you! 

The StartupNation community is a great place to connect with others, provide expertise, ask questions and foster small business. 

Let me know if there is any kind of content in particular I can point you toward. 

In the mean time, feel free to review the community guidelines: 
    https://community.startupnation.com/discussion/12951/community-guidelines 

Best, 

Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    sandeshsandesh subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member
    > @SPC said:
    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > I thought I would introduce myself. A year ago I quit my job, moved out of NYC to a small New England town with my wife and (now) 2 year old son. I'm building a financial consulting business serving some business owners I met through my previous job.
    >
    > I most enjoy working with closely held businesses, often family or private equity owned, with revenues ranging from $20 million to $150 million. It’s not so much the businesses that I enjoy, but the owners, entrepreneurs and families behind the business. These are the people who support our economy and create so many of the jobs that others depend on. You’re my heroes!
    >
    > I may post from time to time on business financing, taxes (see my first post here www.sterlingpointcapital.com for one that deals with how to sell a business and pay no taxes), and investing.
    >
    > Other than business, I enjoy fly fishing and building memories with my family.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Adam
    >
    >
    >
    >

that's inspirational you need to move on
  • Options
    SPCSPC subscriber Posts: 7 Member