WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

My Web Development Portfolio

tonytautonytau subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
I have been building applications for over 10 years now since the age of 15. I put together this page to find clients. Viewing this through the eyes of someone who needs a web application built. What do you like, and especially what do you dislike about my portfolio page?

www.tonytau.com

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited October 2017
    Hello @tonytau

Here is clickable link to your website: (you can drop links once you hit 10 posts): 
    www.tonytau.com

Like:
    • The effects: sliding information on your track record and images/copy 
    • The projects section that shows off your talents 
    • Color scheme
    • Twitter button 
    What could use improvement: 
    • Images seem large. You could shrink the image at the top to bring more content "above the fold." 
    • Some of the images also look a bit grainy, such as the picture of your family and the coding screenshot. 
    • I don't see a pricing page. As a customer I would understand those are just estimates, but when I don't see pricing info at all I assume you are too expensive for me. 
    • If you have other social accounts (Facebook, Instagram, etc). I would add those buttons. 
    A very nice site overall. Welcome to the community, Tony! 

Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • CarlbrewsterCarlbrewster subscriber Posts: 160 Silver Level Member
    It's a good one-page website but you can you showcase more pages on your website which will definitely give more SEO advantage to target keywords. 
  • BestOffrBestOffr subscriber Posts: 7 Member
    Hi @tonytau,

I like that the site is simple and clean. I would add a section that lists the technologies that you specialize in.

I agree with building your social followings.

Good luck.
  • tonytautonytau subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Thanks for the valuable criticism guys! I really appreciate that you took the time to respond!

@"Ryan O'Bleness" The "above the fold" comment makes a lot of sense. I felt like something seemed off and that is definitely what it was.

@Carlbrewster Going to start vlogging and adding the transcripts w the video as blog posts.

@BestOffr That is pretty silly of me to leave out what technologies that I use.

Thanks Guys!