WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What counts more On-Page SEO or Off-Page SEO

salmonjames21salmonjames21 subscriber Posts: 22 Bronze Level Member
edited January 2017 in Business Planning
I am about to start my own online business so I want to know what's the critical part in SEO. IS it that on-page factor or these are the off-page techniques that counts a lot?

Comments

• Options
    Yourlife10xYourlife10x subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member
    Hey salmonjames21,

Personally from me working on websites, and with SEO. I really believe that both factors play a huge roll. Your website alone isn't going to get ranked high from just on-site or off-site SEO. I'd really recommend expanding to all quadrants, which include, Social Media, YouTube, Forums, and even business cards that have your site listed. Have people share your site out the WAZZOOOOO! I have had my family members go and each share the sites I have created. Just "Get it out there." That's what has worked for me, and I'm sure many others!

If you'd like feel free to message me, and ask any questions. :D:lol::D
    Hope I've helped!

Best of Luck,
    ~Ben T. :D
    The Only Difference Between Success And Failure Of Our Planet.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL_MxANHOn9DuUdsUOD3sqA
  • Options
    McCandlessMcCandless subscriber Posts: 52 Bronze Level Member
    edited October 2017
    On page Optimization refers to all measures that can be directly within the website in order to improve its  positions in Search rankings , measure to optimize the content and improve the meta tags.

These are the main elements to follow the on-page Optimization
    1.Page Title 
    2.Meta Description
    3.URL structures 
    4.Heading tags(H1,H2,H3,H4,H5,H6)
    5.Body Content
    6.Image SEO
    7.Internal linking

Off-Page Optimization is the most important part in the search engines optimization because it gives back links to your site and it requires a lot of work   on a daily bases. It helps to maximize website performance in search  engine for target keywords. Off Page SEO Services are the best way to get more website traffic.
     These are the main elements to follow the 0ff-page Optimization
    a. Social Networking sites
    b.Blogging 
    c. Forum Marketing
    d.directory Submission 
    e.Social Book-Marking 
    f.photo sharing
    g.video marketing
    h.Article Submission 
    i.Local listing
    f.Business Review

off-page optimization is more effective because 

Back links :- Getting a link  from authoritative websites which has page rank and good domain raking !
  • Options
    Gregory101Gregory101 subscriber Posts: 51 Bronze Level Member

Both are important. However, ON-SITE SEO is something you can play around with in the beginning of your site launch. This is the content creation, formatting and site structure aspects of your site. OFF-SITE SEO is all about the promotion of your content, such as social media, link building and guest blogging on other sites.

SEO and organic rankings in Google are still one of the best ways to increase traffic and market your site or business online.

SEO is all about the content you create and how you promote it.

No matter what niche market you are in, it’s extremely important to know your audience and what type of content they want. This will help with SEO and ranking for long tail keywords that your audience is likely typing into Google.

Also make sure you niche down as much as possible, as this is where you are going to find opportunity and be able to potentially establish your site as an authority and trusted resource for information.

If you want to improve your site’s SEO and make your content better than what’s currently out there, it’s all about the content creation and content promotion plans you have for your site. These are the two most important things to remember.

CONTENT CREATION - Only create great content that provides real value and is better than what’s currently already out there. Google your competition, see what type of content they have, then create something better and be sure to include stats and visuals when possible.

CONTENT PROMOTION - With over a billion active websites and blogs online, there is already way too much content out there. Without the necessary content promotion, your site is just going to get lost in the mix. You need to continually promote your content to new audiences.

To better explain all of the above and how you can use such methods to increase traffic on your own site let’s cover the many components that go into a great marketing and branding plan to grow a website or blog. Not only will content creation come into play, it’s also how much effort you put into your content promotion as well.

In the world of blogging, this can be done in a number of ways.

We are currently using the following methods to increase traffic, backlinks and exposure to our sites:

• High quality blog content, case studies and tutorials
    • Social media to connect with new audiences and share blog content
    • The creation of shareable content like infographics
    • Guest blogging and article contributions on other sites
    • Creating expert round ups of other top bloggers and industry influencers
    • Getting interviewed on other podcasts and running a podcast of our own

If you implement these tips into your own marketing and content creation efforts you should see continued success.