WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Help me choose a name

goshanngoshann subscriber Posts: 1 Member
Which name do you prefer (two options) for a Venture Capital company I am creating? Thank you in Advance!

Option1: WAVE 5 Ventures
WAVE 5 Ventures is an early-stage investment partner and start-up mentoring firm. Our focus is partnering with entrepreneurs who have a vision and passion to create industry-focused solutions that leverage the latest sea change trends in Digital Disruption. These trends include next generation customer experiences, conversational user interfaces, native cloud technology, and AI computing.

These trends collectively represent the Fifth Wave of digital disruption.

Option 2: GEN 4 Ventures

GEN 4 Ventures is an early-stage investment partner and start-up mentoring firm. Our focus is partnering with entrepreneurs who have a vision and passion to create industry-focused solutions that leverage the latest sea change trends in Digital Disruption. These trends include next generation customer experiences, conversational user interfaces, native cloud technology, and AI computing.

These trends collectively represent the fourth generation of digital disruption.

Thanks!

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    @goshann, I prefer the first option, Wave 5 Ventures. I like the "fifth wave of digital disruption" narrative a little bit better than calling "Gen 4." 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • BrianSmithBrianSmith administrator Posts: 15 Site Admin
    @goshann, I like the sound of Wave 5 Ventures, more than Gen 4 Ventures. I think the idea of, "a fourth generation..." sounds hip, but makes me think of something that will one day be obsolete. The fifth wave makes me think of something built of smaller parts to become something greater, there's a gestalt implication to it. I also think it gives you the ability to brand certain products as 'waves', or invites you to say you're 'making waves'. I also really enjoy the metaphor of the economy being an ocean or a sea, and Wave 5 knows how to navigate it. Both feel like solid names though. Great work!
  • Levi Leyba, MBALevi Leyba, MBA subscriber Posts: 26 Bronze Level Member
    @goshann, I'm leaning towards the Wave 5 Ventures as it's sounds futuristic that will provide for the digital disruption you speak of.

• Adam JonesAdam Jones subscriber Posts: 124 Silver Level Member
    I also will suggest you to for the same "Wave 5 Ventures". It's sounds like good and solid.
    Go ahead with this..!!!

• Ulla OtterstålUlla Otterstål subscriber Posts: 20 Bronze Level Member
    Gonna go with Wave 5 as well. It sounds better.
  • alomalom subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member
    > @goshann said:
    > Which name do you prefer (two options) for a Venture Capital company I am creating? Thank you in Advance!
    >
    > Option1: WAVE 5 Ventures
    > WAVE 5 Ventures is an early-stage investment partner and start-up mentoring firm. Our focus is partnering with entrepreneurs who have a vision and passion to create industry-focused solutions that leverage the latest sea change trends in Digital Disruption. These trends include next generation customer experiences, conversational user interfaces, native cloud technology, and AI computing.
    >
    > These trends collectively represent the Fifth Wave of digital disruption.
    >
    > Option 2: GEN 4 Ventures
    >
    > GEN 4 Ventures is an early-stage investment partner and start-up mentoring firm. Our focus is partnering with entrepreneurs who have a vision and passion to create industry-focused solutions that leverage the latest sea change trends in Digital Disruption. These trends include next generation customer experiences, conversational user interfaces, native cloud technology, and AI computing.
    >
    > These trends collectively represent the fourth generation of digital disruption.
    >
    > Thanks!

I'd certainly go with the #1!
  • LukejeffLukejeff subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    Why to waste time on this? Give it to a virtual assistant, they will research and give you options asper your criteria. Any things which I am not sure, I give to habiliss.
  • dlmillidlmilli subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    I feel like your explanations provide your answer. Is your hypothesis that we are in the fourth or fifth wave of digital disruption? Hard to explain to LPs why you called yourselves Wave 5 because you believe we are on the fourth wave of digital disruption.

I have named several products from my current startup (Greetly) to several products with the mega-companies from my past. My one piece of advice for naming is to know what you want the name to evoke. That should provide enough freedom to be creative, with the guardrails to make your naming exercise effective.