WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How to promote small business via free conferences?

contentcouplecontentcouple subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
Hi guys,
I'm going to organize a small local conference to attract attention to my business. You know, a kind of offline content marketing ;)

Do you have any experiences in this? What should I remember about? Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    charucharu subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member
    Don't forget to talk about unique features of your business.  Give educational talks to groups of potential customers. But more than this, to be a successful speaker you must provide value to your audience, which means truly sharing your expertise and not just promoting your business.
  • Options
    @charu, thank you for your tips.
  • Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited October 2017
    @contentcouple, I would suggest leaving time for your guests to network with each other as well, maybe through "breakout sessions" or a lunch period.  

As, @charu points out, your guests expect value in return for their time. So, don't make this about your business. Be sure to attach your business' name as the sponsor, and cite examples or case studies from your business experience, but the conference itself should focus on content and how your guests can better their businesses in one way or another. What benefit are they receiving for attending the event? So, have things available like knowledgable speakers, interesting data, tips and tricks of the trade. 

Would this be a free event? 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    @Ryan O'Bleness, yes, it's gonna be a free event. Thank you.
  • Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    I guess that makes sense given the title of this discussion thread haha. Good luck. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    We've decided to create an event on facebook and promote it locally by FB Ads. Also, we've invited some other experts to share their knowledge. Every interested person can register on a specific day since every day we will cover another topic. I think it will be OK :)